Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour 2020

editor

hiraethified
As Ian Faith, Spinal Tap manager stated, "death sells." Tickets from £28 to £71.

An Evening With Whitney: The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour is an iconic and awe-inspiring live theatrical performance that celebrates Whitney’s incredible life, work, and the everlasting legacy of the most awarded female artist of all time! This one of a kind holographic experience will reunite audiences with the beloved Queen of Pop using state of the art technology and digitally remastered arrangements of her classic hits – backed by a live band, singers, dancers – all surrounded by a spectacular and cutting-edge stage and lighting extravaganza to create a truly breathtaking concert experience

This reminds me of Hatsune Miku!

I think this is one of the times the thing I like is actually less wierd than the mainstream alternatives.

how hard is it going to be to break into the industry come 2045 when you've got to compete for ticket sales with the dead
It's just a tribute show really - and the price of the tickets is more or less in line with other tribute shows doing shows this size.

Having checked out this Miku phenomenon I think there's an important difference between this and Whitney.
The fans at the Miku gig are practically cult-like in their appreciation of what they know is not a real person. Going to the gig and knowing it will be a projection you are seeing isn't a shock, its central to the experience.

Whitney audience isn't like that. They want to hear one of the greatest ever singers doing so live. That is not going to be the case here.
When Miku fans clap and cheer after a song they must be doing so as part of the collective group experience. They clap for each other.
Why applaud a hologram of Whitney. She can't hear it.
Maybe there are enough fanatical fans to create the atmosphere of a Miku gig, but I doubt it. I could imagine you could get a room of those Michael Jackson devotees together to watch a holograph of him and make it work, but I just cant imagine this working for Whitney.

No doubt I'm wrong and they've done the research and this works.

I'd be up for seeing some kind of really dark fantasy hologram metal band if the stage show was x rated enough. That could be interesting.

Having checked out this Miku phenomenon I think there's an important difference between this and Whitney.
The fans at the Miku gig are practically cult-like in their appreciation of what they know is not a real person. Going to the gig and knowing it will be a projection you are seeing isn't a shock, its central to the experience.

Whitney audience isn't like that. They want to hear one of the greatest ever singers doing so live. That is not going to be the case here.
When Miku fans clap and cheer after a song they must be doing so as part of the collective group experience. They clap for each other.
Why applaud a hologram of Whitney. She can't hear it.
Maybe there are enough fanatical fans to create the atmosphere of a Miku gig, but I doubt it. I could imagine you could get a room of those Michael Jackson devotees together to watch a holograph of him and make it work, but I just cant imagine this working for Whitney.

No doubt I'm wrong and they've done the research and this works.

I'd be up for seeing some kind of really dark fantasy hologram metal band if the stage show was x rated enough. That could be interesting.
It's just a tribute night so people can go and dance and sing along to their favourite songs. It's not much different to The Australian Pink Floyd Show, or a motown revue, or those 'hits of the 80s' tours, or a David Bowie disco or whatever.

When are they gonna get the 2Pac one back out on tour? They should do a Biggie one too and have them do a holographic rap battle :cool:

It's just a tribute night so people can go and dance and sing along to their favourite songs. It's not much different to The Australian Pink Floyd Show, or a motown revue, or those 'hits of the 80s' tours, or a David Bowie disco or whatever.
Oh come off it. It's a whole different thing if there's no actual singer there reacting and responding to the crowd. There is zero spontaneity with a hologram and every vocal 'performance' will be absolutely identical to the previous one, and equally devoid of human interaction with the crowd.

Oh come off it. It's a whole different thing if there's no actual singer there reacting and responding to the crowd. There is zero spontaneity with a hologram and every vocal 'performance' will be absolutely identical to the previous one, and equally devoid of human interaction with the crowd.

I was wondering about that. Granted, there a live band and backing singers, but any flexibility in crowd interaction seems near impossible.

It is't a whole different thing - it's just a weird twist on the same thing. The audience is same audience who'd go and see a whitney tribute with an actual singer, and what it's doing for them is the same too.

I hate tribute acts too, mind - don't get me wrong. But people like to sing along to the hits with flashing lights and stuff going on, so they're always going to be popular.

Back
Top Bottom