Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Traitors ‘24 (starts Wed 3/1/24 9pm).

Unbelievable final, about the most entertaining thing I've ever watched! The only comparable thing I can think of was Spurs two-leg win again Man City in the Champion League in 2019 ((Man City 4-3 Tottenham (Agg: 4-4) ))... the kind of action and drama you can't write, it can only happen live. Its why 'reality' beats any written story.

H....

Amazing...she didnt really take that long to write that H (in the edit at least).... Mollie!! What a life lesson..... Imagine if she kept writing......... would've been a revolution against the lying bastard patriarchy :D
instead ......

For non Traitors purposes, I am ploughing through a paper about how stress and perceived threat shuts down our frontal cortex and ability to think clearly. Mollie is such a clear example, you could literally see it happening in those final moments.

I also hope she’s ok and isn’t going to be too affected by this. She’s young and you can see the potential for it diminishing her capacity to trust, even temporarily. Even though she logically knew it was “just a game”.

Also, there's a clinical psychologist on it who's almost as bad as the psychics on previous series. :D
I like her, she looks like my cousin.

A certain traitor doesn’t look like they’re gonna last too long, far too obvious so early.

Also, there's a clinical psychologist on it who's almost as bad as the psychics on previous series. :D
Psychotherapist thank you very much! But yes, she is shit! :D

Being a few episodes in now, I think both 2024 series (UK and Australian) are a really perfect example of white men being automatically believed over everyone else. Fucks sake, there could be social science papers written about this sadly predictable shit. :rolleyes:

I'm going to start the Australian second series today. I feel like we need to align our viewing. I love a watch along together. :D

It’s Jaz that I feel for. He played it about as well as was possible for a faithful, and he almost managed to persuade Mollie at the crucial moment. Almost. Throughout the game, he was up against a power bloc that was difficult to break open. Despite that, he avoided getting murdered or banished, and he gradually removed the traitors at the right time. But he couldn’t quite nail that final one.

Mollie will be fine. If she’s learned not to put blind trust in a pretty face that is whispering to her the things she wants to hear, that can only be a useful life lesson. It’s hardly the world’s most traumatic betrayal — this was the whole game.

Jaz and Harry undoubtedly the VIPs of the series, both getting to the final round was well deserved.

Anyone who says in their defence 'at the end of the day I'm 100% faithful and if you vote me out you'll regret it' (or words to that effect) deserved to be both banished AND murdered.

The casting team did a great job of selecting the players. It would be interesting to hear what the process is like.

Yeah we were going to do an episode at a time but we did 3 hours of it last night. :D
One of the traitors
Sam
is so shit, aggressive etc. they’re obvs out soon.

I was a bit tipsy by the end of my viewing y/day I can’t remember how it ended and they may very well be out already.

Mollie will be fine. If she’s learned not to put blind trust in a pretty face that is whispering to her the things she wants to hear, that can only be a useful life lesson. It’s hardly the world’s most traumatic betrayal — this was the whole game.
She lost a hundred k, on the most watched program in the country , and has social media on her case, not quite as simple as that

She lost a hundred k on the list raided program in the country and has social media on her case, not quite as simple as that
She never had £100k. She failed to win it. As Harry would have done had she voted against him.

However, it must be rubbish to have the general public wailing hate at you. She’s a kid who was on a game show; she doesn’t deserve the troll fest.

Interesting article:

She lost a hundred k, on the most watched program in the country , and has social media on her case, not quite as simple as that
She lost 32k compared with what she was expecting. Or £48k as compared with what she would have won by listening to Jaz. There was no scenario in which she could win 100k.

Meanwhile, she won exactly the same amount as everybody else on that show except for Harry. When you go into a game show, you have to be prepared for the fact that you won’t win it. I don’t think that fact will leave lasting trauma.

Meanwhile, what happens now on social media is separate to what transpired then during what was a game. The whole game is based around lying to and backstabbing other players. Bit much to expect that players then won’t lie and backstab.

Meanwhile, she won exactly the same amount as everybody else on that show except for Harry. When you go into a game show, you have to be prepared for the fact that you won’t win it. I don’t think that fact will leave lasting trauma.

Yes although she probably truly believed she was about to win £32k, then very almost DID win £48k if not for a few different scribbles on a chalk board. Jaz likely never thought he truly had it in the bag. So the regret for Mollie will be many orders of magnitude greater than Jaz's.

Doing telly this morning..think she'll be OK...
Harry though not so sure...90k to basically permanently brand yourself as a panto villan
I hate panto but now you’ve said that, I am desperate to see either Harry or Paul play an old school pantomime baddie. :cool:Paul in particular would be superb. He’s already got the bow down.

No single Faithful can ever win the full pot. When it gets to 2 players the game ends, so either a traitor would win the lot, or 2 Faithfuls would share it.

That's another unfair aspect of the show - it's harder for them to win, and then they can't win as much!

I guess it's not surprising that a show called Traitors is unfair, but it's SO unbalanced right now.

Mollie did make a silly decision at the end, but man, the stuff people are saying about her - and were saying before she made this decision, too. It's just a game! She got something wrong mainly because she's a nice person.

It'll probably blow over quickly, but from her POV it won't seem like it.

Back
Top Bottom