Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The stupidity of the anti-vaxx nutcases

I think assuming these nutters are more or less on the same side has been really damaging in the past to be honest. Absolutely challenge and try and engage with those who aren't fully down the rabbit hole but I think you need zero tolerance for conspiracy nonsense of any sort, I don't think it can be accommodated under some sort of combined anti-establishment banner.
I don't think you read my post properly. I did say that we need to provide our own analysis (their own being bad analysis) and that I am aware that its not possible to get through to all of them, maybe not even a majority of them. In any case most people are not fully formed anarchists or leftists and my friend has had some success with a couple of people he knows as I've said. Its also worth baring in mind that not everyone who attends an anti-lockdown demo, for example, subscribes to, or fully trusts, all of the conspiracist stuff or even the conspiracist grifters themselves. In any case, my friend used to be one of these people and nolonger is, he saw through it.

Last edited:
And just as a lot of the anti-vax /conspiracist stuff is illogical, the same can be said in my view, of electoralist/parliamentary/statist politics and the belief that all we need is ‘the right people’ in charge. However that whole anti-lockdown/anti-vaccine mandate movement seems to have fizzled out, so I think we should focus on resisting the energy price rises, linking stuff to that and getting some solidarity on that off the ground.

Can you really see anti-vaxx types rallying round a genuinely socially/societally-beneficial cause?

IMO, even if they could, they would still make their narcissism and conspiraloon tendencies the issue to go grandstanding with, which would be ultimately far more detrimental than if they had stayed away from it.

Aye, if you have a word early doors with someone coming under the influence of anti-vax, then you have a chance of persuading them that it's a pile of cack. But once they've fully drunk the kool aid, forget it - unless you have the time or inclination, or can be arsed to do some solid reprogramming on them.
I see what you mean and you're probably correct. But we could still reach some of them in that case and it seems morally and tactically a problem to discard all of these people. At the end of the day they're working class people who've been brainwashed from birth and some people break out of the programming - and what they've done is to go into some other form of programming. So they are indeed under the spell and I think we need to try to break it.

Last edited:
At the end of the day they're working class people who've been brainwashed from birth and some people break out of the programming - and what they've done is to go into some other form of programming. So they are indeed under the spell and I think we need to try to break it.

Bit patronising to the working class, no? Antivaxxers are from every walk of life, ime.

Can you really see anti-vaxx types rallying round a genuinely socially/societally-beneficial cause?

IMO, even if they could, they would still make their narcissism and conspiraloon tendencies the issue to go grandstanding with, which would be ultimately far more detrimental than if they had stayed away from it.
You've clearly not being paying attention to what I've been posting.

I think in order to effectively convince someone to step back from falling into the tinfoil trap, you need to have a positive personal connection with them on at least some level. I'm not sure how that could be translated to any kind of widely applicable leftist strategy.

Reactions: LDC
Rep Reggie Stoltzfus (R-Paris Township) said religious leaders who violated COVID protocols in Canada were jailed. And he says that's not a behavior Ohio should condone.

Well of course, that's what's supposed to happen when you break the fucking law. Similar to what's supposed to happen when a pastor gets caught fiddling his flock's kids.

What the fuck is going on in Ohio? It's been turning up in the news a lot lately in relation to the stupidest fucking shit.

I don't think you read my post properly. I did say that we need to provide our own analysis (their own being bad analysis) and that I am aware that its not possible to get through to all of them, maybe not even a majority of them. In any case most people are not fully formed anarchists or leftists and my friend has had some success with a couple of people he knows as I've said. Its also worth baring in mind that not everyone who attends an anti-lockdown demo, for example, subscribes to, or fully trusts, all of the conspiracist stuff or even the conspiracist grifters themselves. In any case, my friend used to be one of these people and nolonger is, he saw through it.
I agree, some probably can be persuaded, but you are up against a huge wave of just plain narcissitic hubris. Listen to any of them prattle on and you realize that they are getting HUGE emotional gratification out of sneering at us meer sheep. These are people who literally believe they have out thought and out researched all the major scientific institutions on the globe (not that they are always innocent of course). It's a horrifying display of hubris and narcissism and best of luck trying to pull huge swathes of them away. Very few will admit they are wrong, the only hope is that their minds move on to less extreme mundane issues

There's often this sense of having to "save" the fringes on the right? Why? Most will have to unpaint themselves out of the corner they have painted themselves in. A far better tactic in my view is just leading by example, I.e.when they see ordinary folk engaged in political matters, living their livess etc, criticising power ina nonconspiratoral way, they might start to question why they have been radicalized, especially if they feel isolated and shut off.

Back
Top Bottom