Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the long-awaited 'why the telegraph is going downhill' thread

This was another story about how Brits aren't working enough, but on MSN so didn't seem to be able to do a direct link.

Pricks (referring to the Torygraph).

Last edited:
View attachment 410349

"Joe Biden you can hide, how many babies have you killed tonight?"

Surely this is a misquote? Should it not be "can't" and not "can"?

It seems a reasonable chant to me, in the style of the venerable chant of the 1960s protestors against the American War in Vietnam: "Hey, Hey, LBJ, How many kids have you killed today?" I wonder why he finds it objectionable?

The Americans do that though don't they? Can instead of can't. There's another example that strikes me when I see it but which I forget for the moment.

The Americans do that though don't they? Can instead of can't. There's another example that strikes me when I see it but which I forget for the moment.

Probably because in most septic accents can and can't are indistinguishable.

More RN Telegraph via yahoo

the lion's crown is on upside down, the pigeon's crown has slipped off his/her head, and do they really want three white feathers on it? :eek:

This is fantastic too:
TELEMMGLPICT000341881615_17180069816920_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqmvDsehfjg0AN6-v5Cj0_VkR8YSybYNWDTYrGStsI8ko.jpeg

Chris Lipscomb moved with his wife, Catalina, and his 12-year-old daughter, Tsarina, from Devon to Oviedo for cheaper tuition

Imagine moving all the way to Spain to save money on school fees and then you found out that there are actually schools you can send your kids to for free that don't cost any money. You'd feel a right plonker.
Terribly sorry, but if the options are Eton or Cemetery Street Comprehensive, I know where my child would be going. (Hypothetical, because as a 71 year old who has had a vasectomy, the odds on me having another child are slim to zero).

Back
Top Bottom