Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the long-awaited 'why the telegraph is going downhill' thread

I'm sure I saw Hefferlump at Chelmsford station a few months ago. I was too star-struck to say anything.

Today's Torygraph has a feature on spotting the next London Boroughs to buy/invest in - apparently it's a sign that your borough is becoming unaffordable when the price of a 2 bedroom flat touches £500,000.

Oh London, how I laughed my tits off at you being a bunch of gullible cunts...

I was sure that there was a more recently-updated Telegraph thread, but I can't find it so this will do.

As seen on a train I was on today;

IMG00039.jpg

That must've been put up before the GE, right? The Torygraph surely didn't predict a Conservative-to-Labour swing, a hung parliament and a partnership with the DUP, did it?

Last edited:
I was sure that there was a more recently-updated Telegraph thread, but I can't it so this will do.

As seen on a train I was on today;

View attachment 110866

That must've been put up before the GE, right? The Torygraph surely didn't predict a Conservative-to-Labour swing, a hung parliament and a partnership with the DUP, did it?
No but Matt is usually quite amusing

I went to my parents for a couple of days over Christmas, and so had my annual exposure to the Telegraph. I didn't read much, just an editorial saying how wonderful the Queen is, and a column from a Countryside Alliance wonk eulogising about the wonders of fox hunting.

I went to my parents for a couple of days over Christmas, and so had my annual exposure to the Telegraph. I didn't read much, just an editorial saying how wonderful the Queen is, and a column from a Countryside Alliance wonk eulogising about the wonders of fox hunting.
I did like to have a look at the telegraph online but nowadays too much of it is behind a paywall to bother
This pro Trump piece looks entertaining for example
Let 2018 be the year the liberal counter-revolution against Brexit and Trump is routed once and for all

There seems to be a paranoia in most things that they say: Brexit and Trump are only being stopped from being as great as their advocates claim by a "liberal order".

your parents live in the 19th century then?

your parents live in the 19th century then?

I get on well with my parents, despite their choice of newspaper and probable voting habits. I think they approve of the monarchy, without doing anything grandiose to show it, and I suspect they think fox hunting is silly and a bit barbaric, without being passionate opponents.

I don't think choice of newspaper can form on its own one's conclusions on a person's attitude to life and society.

Excellent, a diatribe on the perils of lying from the former Foreign Secretary:

_104392758_telegraph-front-page.jpg

Telegraph.jpg

Do they have anything to substantiate it being "eco-warriors" over any other group? My understanding was that no one has a clue who it is.

View attachment 156334

Do they have anything to substantiate it being "eco-warriors" over any other group? My understanding was that no one has a clue who it is.
Even by their standards of 'journalism' it's not credible to blame:
a) the EU
b) migrants
c) Corbyn
d) single mothers
...so next on the list were the 'loonies' who have something against earthquakes and sea level rise.

Back
Top Bottom