Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the long-awaited 'why the telegraph is going downhill' thread

I'd been looking for this thread to mention the ongoing court case, where three of Dave Barclay's sons are accused of bugging a room at the Ritz to listen to Fred and his daughter.

EggHTwQVkAIRNuu

Here. FFS .

Jebus wept :(

"The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is."

I wonder how many UK citizens actually believe there's still an empire ...
Of course it's convenient that those who do are mostly beyond the age where they might be called upon to fight for it ...

Plus not one in twenty of them knows the first fucking thing about it anyway, and those that do only if they've read Flashman.

OyeVrUh.png

archived version of paywalled article here

This article has attracted some derision on social media from people who see it as the Telegraph falling for an attempt to make 'pizzagate' tropes respectable by a supporter of Qanon-lite views. The Instagram account of the 'social media activist' the article is about certainly doesn't contradict this interpretation, although it also doesn't unambiguously confirm it.

But is it all that unreasonable to imagine that paedophiles might indeed use crab-like cunning to appropriate 'pizzagate' tropes for their own purposes? When it comes to child protection is it possible to be too suspicious? Applying the 'precautionary principle' should we indeed not go much further and be appropriately concerned about the motives of an 'activist' whose response to sites sharing family photographs of small children is to set up a twitter account
dedicated to naming accounts she finds sharing child images so her followers can report them en masse to the social media giants.
Isn't this just what a cunning paedophile might do to advertise such sites?

Clearly we can't be sure one way or the other. However, presumably in response to the Telegraph advertising the account, Twitter have now removed it.

Courtesy of Priyamvada Gopal on Twitter:

Screenshot from 2021-01-20 13-16-24.png

Source, if you can bear it.

It really is a piss rag of the worst sort. I teach Politics; at one time, I would have directed students towards it for a reasonable conservative viewpoint. Now, I struggle to differentiate it from The Mail.

Courtesy of Priyamvada Gopal on Twitter:

View attachment 250154

Source, if you can bear it.

It really is a piss rag of the worst sort. I teach Politics; at one time, I would have directed students towards it for a reasonable conservative viewpoint. Now, I struggle to differentiate it from The Mail.
it's easy to tell the difference as in print form the telegraph remains a broadsheet while the mail is a tabloid

It's considered a personal insult to Telegraph writers if you suggest they might know anything about Ireland. "Good god, are you implying I think the Irish are worth caring about? You will be hearing from my solicitor."

I've always wanted to bring up switching from the Telegraph to my dad, who I think has read it non-stop for over forty years. The Times would be the obvious replacement, but he thinks Murdoch is a cunt (his opinions on the Barclays and prior to them Conrad Black are not known). He wouldn't go near the Graun, the FT would hold no interest and the tabloids are definitely a no-go.

Back
Top Bottom