Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the long-awaited 'why the telegraph is going downhill' thread

Proper photoshopped version would be fairly easy I'd have thought. Not by me, obviously, but by someone who knows what they're doing.

Firefox offers me articles it thinks I'll find interesting, today I got:
I'm not sure that "being cancelled by a plant-based takeover" is that high on my list of concerns, afaict the article seems to consist of some people complaining that sometimes they're offered a vegetarian option that doesn't include any eggs or dairy in it? 🤷‍♂️
When vegetarian entrepreneur Vicky Borman was filming last week, the on-set caterer offered either meat or an option that was both vegan and gluten-free. “I said to them, ‘I’m not vegan, I’m vegetarian. Where’s my cheese and cream?’”

I imagine the dietary intersection between vegetarians and vegans is fairly high, so "cancelled" seems an odd choice of word.

's the dire conclusion of the market research company, Mintel, which carried out a similar survey last year.' churnalsim- nice bit about the samosas there, nudge wink.

The decline in tea drinking isn't news though. It's increasingly an older person's thing, plus more alternatives now. Attributing it to 'culture wars' is spurious though. It's just young v old.

The decline in tea drinking isn't news though. It's increasingly an older person's thing, plus more alternatives now. Attributing it to 'culture wars' is spurious though. It's just young v old.
you can have biscuits with coffee too
i think this is because sugar is avoided more and people are more health conscious in general

This is the lazy write up of a marketing companies survey couched in the house style and ridden with the papers 'normal' obsessions- the young, forrins, young forrins, tradition flaunted etc.
Everything described in flat earth news thats fucked about newsrooms and newspapers has only intensified over the years.

Last edited:
Sunday-Telegraph.jpg

:D

That the Torygraph is turning increasingly Daily Mailesque in its desperately biased reporting has been obvious for a while. Today they have plumbed yet new depths as they actually attempt to suggest that the indescribably shit and cringeworthy MOTD episode last night was actually an improvement on the usual output :facepalm::D

B2CE2950-CCE2-44C0-9CC7-2595B6559A08.jpeg

That the Torygraph is turning increasingly Daily Mailesque in its desperately biased reporting has been obvious for a while. Today they have plumbed yet new depths as they actually attempt to suggest that the indescribably shit and cringeworthy MOTD episode last night was actually an improvement on the usual output :facepalm::D

View attachment 366502
It did apparently have higher viewing figures than is usual. I suspect that is because people wanted to see what was actually happening.

It did apparently have higher viewing figures than is usual. I suspect that is because people wanted to see what was actually happening.
Yes, undoubtedly. Everyone loves a car crash moment. But the Tory press must be extremely desperate to try to paint that as a sign of an improvement from its regular format. If the Beeb were to actually make last night’s shitshow the new MOTD normal, this time next month the PaInt Drying Channel Live would be getting more viewers.

I mean, staff must be on orders from the very top to conjure up negative stories about Lineker no matter how. Are they the Express in disguise?

5DB42EF1-FD90-4600-97C7-594B135AC0E1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom