Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

They’ll be working on his resignation. A sacking is hard to come back from, honourably resigning over this error of judgment makes it much easier to be brought back to deal with Brexit once Covid has waned...

He doesn't mince his words...

The former chief constable of Durham police has launched a strident attack on Dominic Cummings and the government defending him, branding them self-privileged hypocrites who have damaged the fight against coronavirus at a time of national emergency.

He told the Guardian: “It is clear he has broken the rules. It could not be clearer. I cannot think of a worse example of a breach of the lockdown rules. For it then to be defended by the government just beggars belief.”

“What is particularly sad and undermines completely the government position is they seem to be operating in a bubble of self-privilege and denial when they all should be leading by example. ‘Hypocrite’ was invented for these circumstances … Of course it is double standards.”

Etc., etc.

Worth a line of attack. I can't believe they've dragged a 4 year old child into this tordry nonsense. Relatives near by, more resources than your average family, London, connected, services near by. Of course it wasn't about the child. Shameful etc.

Worth a line of attack. I can't believe they've dragged a 4 year old child into this tordry nonsense. Relatives near by, more resources than your average family, London, connected, services near by. Of course it wasn't about the child. Shameful etc.

He doesn't seem like the sort of chap to have many friends to help him, but apparently his PA lives streets away and could have brought him groceries. He also has relatives in his general vicinity. The mismanagement of this is totally bonkers. Shapps actually told Marr that he hadn't spoken to Cummings before going on the most high profile political show in the country to talk about about the most high profile political story in the country. It's comedy gold.

Seen on Twitter Roger Gale calling PM's position into question apparently.

Yeah, I saw him doing that on Sky News earlier.

* Little known fact, he was a Radio Caroline North DJ, the ship off the Isle of Mann, back in the 60's.

I mean, could well be right, but getting their ducks in a row doesn't seem to be something they've been overly concerned about in the past.

I think you do these people a disservice. One of them was so keen to get his ducks orderly he built a duck house and claimed £1,645 on expenses for it.

He doesn't seem like the sort of chap to have many friends to help him, but apparently his PA lives streets away and could have brought him groceries. He also has relatives in his general vicinity. The mismanagement of this is totally bonkers. Shapps actually told Marr that he hadn't spoken to Cummings before going on the most high profile political show in the country to talk about about the most high profile political story in the country. It's comedy gold.

Not seen Shaps thing this morning yet. His stuff yesterday was bad enough. :)

Back
Top Bottom