Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

I have no love for Cummings, but I don't think it's a good precedent to set to give out the addresses of you political enemies on the internet.
Point taken but it only took me 5 minutes googling to find it. Have edited my post .

This is surely the 'detail' that is being 'ironed out'.

'How much do you want for those skeletons Dom?'

Perhaps, but there are various reasons why the government might be reacting as it is. I reckon Alex Massie in the Spectator is right about this one:

EYwzyyAWoAA_UG-

I'm not sure what BJ's talents are meant to be, mind, aside from a boundless appetite for self-promotion, a desperate need to be liked and a certain facility for bullshit, but there you are...

I have no love for Cummings, but I don't think it's a good precedent to set to give out the addresses of you political enemies on the internet.
There's film of the road all over the internet and there's well over a hundred addresses on that road. I knew what part of town it was just from the look of it. And I don't think we're widely read enough for anyone to be particularly upset about it.

Except they sometimes end up living at No 11 for practical reasons, and its not clear how much time Johnson spends at either address.
I was going to say that but apparently by some twist of logic whichever appartment they're actually staying in is number 10 because that's where Prime Ministers live.

There's film of the road all over the internet and there's well over a hundred addresses on that road. I knew what part of town it was just from the look of it. And I don't think we're widely read enough for anyone to be particularly upset about it.
I know - it's nothing to do with Cummings, how easy his house is to find, anything like that - it's to do with the precedent it sets. When left wing activist's & political figures' addresses are shared among right wing activists - encouraging each other to visit them, even - it's seen as proper dodgy behaviour. Rightly too. So really, it's best to swerve away from that kind of activity ourselves.

Back in the day when I was politically active I took part in mass trespasses of politicos houses - did the antiCJB at Michael Howard's gaffe out in the country. The bastard deserved it.

is it fair to assume after two hours that he won't be getting sacked? I can just imagine Johnson asking his advice on potential outcomes of any decisions.
Assuming Johnson wants him to go, they will be negotiating his resignation. They may also want time to inform others and get their ducks in a row before making an announcement.

Back
Top Bottom