Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

It's actually referring to Neil Ferguson, who did have to resign not long ago after breaking lockdown to visit his married lover.
I am aware of Neil Ferguson's resignation and the reason for it. He didn't break lockdown to visit his lover though.

The Spectator. Part edited by Cummings wife.

You need a subscription to read the article. But I think the headline tells you enough.

EYu100LWoAspO2N
Are we 'the dogs'?

The Spectator article starts,

"Most aspects of this present emergency are complex and resist easy solutions. Only a handful are elementary but one of these, and quite obviously so, is the Dominic Cummings affair. He must go and he must go now."

This is from the Scotland editor of the Spectator.

Whatever. Johnson's quip was presumably refrencing that, but also a tell that he's been shagging, IMO.

I'm only interested in whether people are shagging around if they are breaking lockdown rules or being hypocritical about it tbh. It only becomes of interest (and only should become of interest) if they are telling everyone to do one thing and then it not applying to them.

I'm only interested in whether people are shagging around if they are breaking lockdown rules or being hypocritical about it tbh. It only becomes of interest (and only should become of interest) if they are telling everyone to do one thing and then it not applying to them.
right. which is what I was speculating Johnson is doing, in the original post of mine you replied to.

I can't get very excited about Cummings or other people resigning. Loads of people are breaking lockdown restrictions, we're being fucked politically and then every now and then we get a scrap thrown to us and it keeps us quiet.

You think thousands of people who have lost loved ones, borrowing IPads for their funerals, are keeping quiet about this? You think workers and owners of business who haven't been able to as much as sell a cup of coffee because of restrictions are keeping quiet about this?

You can choose your boring cynicism but this is hitting home with a lot of people tonight. Not to mention the delight we should all be taking in Tory grandees sitting round dinner tables tonight ripping each other apart about why they've been duped and whose side to take now.

right. which is what I was speculating Johnson is doing, in the original post of mine you replied to.

Ah ok fair enough - it sounded like just an interest in his sex life which unless we are wanting a return to puritan times is not something I am in favour of - I accept that you meant it in a "might be breaking lockdown to shag around" sense though :)

I can't get very excited about Cummings or other people resigning. Loads of people are breaking lockdown restrictions, we're being fucked politically and then every now and then we get a scrap thrown to us and it keeps us quiet.
cummings may be part of the reason we've had an extra 10k deaths in this country. So, personally, I hope he gets everything that's coming his way (which, admittedly, won't be much).

Back
Top Bottom