Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

Do Cranberries fans have a 'tribe'. Do they hook up and get together.

I'm being serious?

When I left school I was big into Marillion (I feel no shame in admitting this!). A bloke I worked with asked if he could come along with me to a gig and he got into them too. He was older than me by a good ten years and been into punk, had a band etc. Massive Blondie and Crass fan (I know, right!).

He had quite a cool old car, so he drove. It was good.

After the messy divorce with Fish, my interests waned and I stopped bothering with them.

My mate, however, found his tribe. He now spends his life with other Marillion people doing Marillion things. He knows the band, his wife and daughter are all involved, it's a big massive thing for him.

After 25 years we met up and I went along to a gig with him (I hated the show). He was loving it. He knew 100s of people, I couldn't get a word in for people coming to say hello. I was really happy for him because he had really been through some tough old times, and now he had this massive network of people and things to go and be a part of.

So while I kinda sniggered a bit at these 'sad' people, cos I'm a cunt, they were just a bunch of mostly nice people who shared a love for a band and getting together to talk it, walk it, sing it, shake its hand and get an autograph.

So, maybe finding a tribe to share the love with? Put on an event? Start a convention!

Unless you have already.

In which case...Just dig what you dig, and don't worry about anyone here.
The Cranberries was always my favorite band, but I've only been a true fan for two years. In addition, the death of Dolores has greatly affected the large fan base that The Cranberries had, until 2015 or 2016 there was a fairly active forum that little by little was declining due to the decline of the forums caused by IG and other social media.

The fans of this band are still saddened by what happened that January 15, although it is true that enough time has passed to leave this fact behind.

Its the Police trying to do something a bit different, rather than just do what they'd done before. Unlike certain other bands whose entire output was utterly formulaic borrowings from others

I'm just not in the mood for Sting today. Experimental or otherwise. Maybe later I shall venture in for a listen.

I've no interest in finding more bad music than I already listen to.

Do Cranberries fans have a 'tribe'. Do they hook up and get together.

I'm being serious?

When I left school I was big into Marillion (I feel no shame in admitting this!). A bloke I worked with asked if he could come along with me to a gig and he got into them too. He was older than me by a good ten years and been into punk, had a band etc. Massive Blondie and Crass fan (I know, right!).

He had quite a cool old car, so he drove. It was good.

After the messy divorce with Fish, my interests waned and I stopped bothering with them.

My mate, however, found his tribe. He now spends his life with other Marillion people doing Marillion things. He knows the band, his wife and daughter are all involved, it's a big massive thing for him.

After 25 years we met up and I went along to a gig with him (I hated the show). He was loving it. He knew 100s of people, I couldn't get a word in for people coming to say hello. I was really happy for him because he had really been through some tough old times, and now he had this massive network of people and things to go and be a part of.

So while I kinda sniggered a bit at these 'sad' people, cos I'm a cunt, they were just a bunch of mostly nice people who shared a love for a band and getting together to talk it, walk it, sing it, shake its hand and get an autograph.

So, maybe finding a tribe to share the love with? Put on an event? Start a convention!

Unless you have already.

In which case...Just dig what you dig, and don't worry about anyone here.
'why don't you just go elsewhere, form a tribe, maybe even act as the chief?'
somehow i don't think you'll get rid of him that easily.

Everything in that band is wrong, from the bassist to the guitarist to the vocalist. If the drummer was an exaggerated 6/10 that's not enough for me to consider it an audible band.
This band is totally inaudible.
yeh you said this is the worst song but now you're not saying that

i think the greatest service you could do the cranberries is to stop posting

Back
Top Bottom