Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

not only did I listen to Boston this morning I even went and played the two tracks by that band that have over 100m listens on Spotify that I had no recollection of.

Dreams was familiar once it started. Not terrible if rather unmemorable. Except for the (overlong) outro where dolores’ voice sounds like a tyre deflating.

and then Ode to My Family. Which is just awful. Bland, insipid and too shallow to even be called trite. I didn’t actually make it to the end. Partly because of how bad it was but more because my ‘new’ Teardrop Explodes album arrived and was bound to be far better (which it is).

not only did I listen to Boston this morning I even went and played the two tracks by that band that have over 100m listens on Spotify that I had no recollection of.

Dreams was familiar once it started. Not terrible if rather unmemorable. Except for the (overlong) outro where dolores’ voice sounds like a tyre deflating.

and then Ode to My Family. Which is just awful. Bland, insipid and too shallow to even be called trite. I didn’t actually make it to the end. Partly because of how bad it was but more because my ‘new’ Teardrop Explodes album arrived and was bound to be far better (which it is).
Judging in that way Ode To My Family, which is the moment where Dolores bared her soul like no renowned artist had done before, you show the kind of despicable person you are.

Ode To My Family is far superior to the overrated Nothing Compares U 2. Fucking gobshite

Ode To My Family is far superior to the overrated Nothing Compares U 2. Fucking gobshite
How does it measure up to With or Without U2, though?

Also, normally if I saw a thread like this being 30-odd pages long I'd assume it must've been massively derailed somewhere and most of it was going to be about the Finnish Olympic curling team getting cancelled for problematic twerking or something, but this entire thread is actually just Crannadict posting how the Cranberries are great and everyone else, except apparently Boston, is shit, right? Impressive.

Also, normally if I saw a thread like this being 30-odd pages long I'd assume it must've been massively derailed somewhere and most of it was going to be about the Finnish Olympic curling team getting cancelled for problematic twerking or something, but this entire thread is actually just Crannadict posting how the Cranberries are great and everyone else, except apparently Boston, is shit, right? Impressive.

Shut up and listen to:

Honestly, that was terrible.
So, I love that live show, it is the second time they performed at the Sala Astoria and it is considered a mythical concert, when The Cranberries definitely leave the Underground environment to become one of the 10 biggest bands of the moment

So, I love that live show, it is the second time they performed at the Sala Astoria and it is considered a mythical concert, when The Cranberries definitely leave the Underground environment to become one of the 10 biggest bands of the moment
mythical because it didn't actually happen, like the Odyssey?

Before you said the English were Germans. Now you are saying that English/Italian humor is the same as its gastronomy which is very confusing because it seems that you are saying that both Italian and English humour and Italian and English gastronomy are the same! Are the English the same as Italians now? Do English and Italians have the same humor? Or are you just trying to make vague insults without knowing to insult the English or the Italians cos you're not sure where I'm from?

Dale pero tío, estamos todavía esperando de saber que canción fue LA MEJOR de los años 90, antes dijiste que Zombie fue la segunda... no veo la hora de descubrir la primera!!! :)

This is an OK U2 effort

Do Cranberries fans have a 'tribe'. Do they hook up and get together.

I'm being serious?

When I left school I was big into Marillion (I feel no shame in admitting this!). A bloke I worked with asked if he could come along with me to a gig and he got into them too. He was older than me by a good ten years and been into punk, had a band etc. Massive Blondie and Crass fan (I know, right!).

He had quite a cool old car, so he drove. It was good.

After the messy divorce with Fish, my interests waned and I stopped bothering with them.

My mate, however, found his tribe. He now spends his life with other Marillion people doing Marillion things. He knows the band, his wife and daughter are all involved, it's a big massive thing for him.

After 25 years we met up and I went along to a gig with him (I hated the show). He was loving it. He knew 100s of people, I couldn't get a word in for people coming to say hello. I was really happy for him because he had really been through some tough old times, and now he had this massive network of people and things to go and be a part of.

So while I kinda sniggered a bit at these 'sad' people, cos I'm a cunt, they were just a bunch of mostly nice people who shared a love for a band and getting together to talk it, walk it, sing it, shake its hand and get an autograph.

So, maybe finding a tribe to share the love with? Put on an event? Start a convention!

Unless you have already.

In which case...Just dig what you dig, and don't worry about anyone here.

Back
Top Bottom