Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

Except you did make such comparisons.

but so what? No one has ever denied that this band were popular. I am surprised at just how popular, and one billion views is astounding.

still doesn’t mean they were actually any good though.

and the lyrics to zombie are no better than War is Stupid.
But all these observations are totally subjective, and above all they are based on an unfounded prejudice.

I do not care if Zombie is popular, that does not determine anything, as I have said several times. What determines the quality is the large number of minor singles with good numbers, or the number of home videos that have been uploaded over the years, and that some of them have hundreds of thousands of reproductions. Homemade videos in which you barely perceive anything and with horrible audios. Because in those videos difficult to see is where you see the importance and influence of the bands

Here you can see the real interest of those who love that music and those musicians, dedicating part of their valuable time to videos that you would not see in any case if they were from other musicians.

But all these observations are totally subjective, and above all they are based on an unfounded prejudice.

I do not care if Zombie is popular, that does not determine anything, as I have said several times. What determines the quality is the large number of minor singles with good numbers, or the number of home videos that have been uploaded over the years, and that some of them have hundreds of thousands of reproductions. Homemade videos in which you barely perceive anything and with horrible audios. Because in those videos difficult to see is where you see the importance and influence of the bands
So zombies numbers don’t matter but all the other tracks do? Well, A: that’s still bollocks cos views count for nothing (other than as a simplistic guide to popularity) and B: if we’re going by views of the all but the two or three biggest hits, they’re a reasonably successful but not top 200 band.

frankly, having almost supported nirvana at one gig shits on all those stats

I don't know why you're doing this because I'm really not sure if massive popularity is a good or a bad thing. But Zombie gets 1.1 billion views on youtube. I can't find any Beatles songs with that many views.
'Charlie bit my finger' had nearly a billion views.

Listened to s.a.
You think that me, as a Spaniard who has a B2+ level from the British Council since 2017, and that since then I have not studied it again, being my fourth language and so far from the third, am I going to pay time to what the song lyrics in English?

At most 2, 3, 4 or 5 songs. No more. Be a little serious, my English is for the very basics, and it will still always be better than your Spanish.

You think that me, as a Spaniard who has a B2+ level from the British Council since 2017, and that since then I have not studied it again, being my fourth language and so far different from the third, am I going to pay time to what the song lyrics in English?

At most 2, 3, 4 or 5 songs. No more. Be a little serious, my English is for the very basics, and it will still always be better than your Spanish.
Yes. I do. I think if you're going to listen to music you are going to pay attention to the lyrics.

You think that me, as a Spaniard who has a B2+ level from the British Council since 2017, and that since then I have not studied it again, being my fourth language and so far from the third, am I going to pay time to what the song lyrics in English?

Your English is undoubtedly vastly better than my Spanish.

but you have been proclaiming the heartfelt depth of meaning and passion behind Ms Berry’s lyrics. You can play one card or the other.

Yes. I do. I think if you're going to listen to music you are going to pay attention to the lyrics.
Well, you are wrong a lot, first the melody, and if I can follow about the subject, better. On many occasions, due to the accent or the speed of the pronunciation, it is totally impossible to understand the lirycs

Judging in that way Ode To My Family, which is the moment where Dolores bared her soul like no renowned artist had done before, you show the kind of despicable person you are.

Ode To My Family is far superior to the overrated Nothing Compares U 2. Fucking gobshite
Yes, nobody in the history of music has ever bared their soul like the averagely talented DOR .

It's like the Blues never happened.

Your English is undoubtedly vastly better than my Spanish.

but you have been proclaiming the heartfelt depth of meaning and passion behind Ms Berry’s lyrics. You can play one card or the other.
I doubt that I have written much about the lyrics of The Cranberries, mainly because I care very little if they are not like the pompous lyrics of Morrissey.

I believe the Cranberries broke up/stopped working together a few years prior to Charlie Bit My Finger. This ought not to matter to anyone, but we can't have an inaccuracy on Urban left unaddressed.
I just remember being astonished at a billion people watching something so... Meh. And a video of a child biting another child's finger.

I don't know why you're doing this because I'm really not sure if massive popularity is a good or a bad thing. But Zombie gets 1.1 billion views on youtube. I can't find any Beatles songs with that many views.

Up until a year or two ago most Beatles songs were either not on Youtube, or were unavailable in most countries. There was basically nothing on there and was practically impossible to find any of their stuff for a few years.

Up until a year or two ago most Beatles songs were either not on Youtube, or were unavailable in most countries. There was basically nothing on there and was practically impossible to find any of their stuff for a few years.
Do you know why this was due?

Yes, nobody in the history of music has ever bared their soul like the averagely talented DOR .

It's like the Blues never happened.
It’s literally a song about liking her family. About how fame is hard. And came out a year after In Utero, which obviously didn’t touch on similar subjects in any way.

It’s literally a song about liking her family. About how fame is hard. And came out a year after In Utero, which obviously didn’t touch on similar subjects in any way.
She was a 21-year-old girl who had lived from 0 to 18 in her parents' house, and had only left Limerick twice in her life in those 18 years. Do I have to explain everything to you?

Here Comes the Sun (which it seems may actually be the most popular Beatles tune after all) has 65million since September 2019. Which is quite impressive.

Here Comes the Sun (which it seems may actually be the most popular Beatles tune after all) has 65million since September 2019. Which is quite impressive.
These data indicate about 40 million per year. Taking into account that Zombie has been around since 2009, if they had uploaded the song in that year it would only take about 600 million

Do you know why this was due?

I'm not sure, probably a combination of music rights and wanting to keep people wanting all the different remasters and re-releases etc. There were quite a few threads about it on the Beatles' subreddit over the years but I don't think any official explanation was said.

She was a 21-year-old girl who had lived from 0 to 18 in her parents' house, and had only left Limerick twice in her life in those 18 years. Do I have to explain everything to you?
More seriously, so what? Fine, her performance is (arguably) passionate and quite moving, but that doesn’t raise it into being a great song.

Back
Top Bottom