Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

You can only have one greatest singer of all time and tbh in a poll I suspect Debbie Harry or Janis Joplin might edge ahead of do'r
Everyone can think what they want, but I assure you that there are many people in this world who think that Dolores is the greatest. Perhaps we are less than people who think this of Harry or Joplin, but we are still many.

Dolores's legacy is eternal.

Everyone can think what they want, but I assure you that there are many people in this world who think that Dolores is the greatest. Perhaps we are less than people who think this of Harry or Joplin, but we are still many.

Dolores's legacy is eternal.
I'd give it a few more years before you make that bold claim

Maybe if a vocalist of a Top30 band of all time say anything like this, you are going agree:

;)

Imelda May
Roisin Murphy
Sinead O'Connor
Enya
Andrea Corr
Bernie Nolan
Dolores O'Riordan

Well fair enough she gets into my top 10, but mainly because those are the only female singers I've ever enjoyed songs by, who I know for sure are Irish. Her position at no.7 is more testament to my ignorance about Irish music, than about the artistic quality of those on the list.

Imelda May
Roisin Murphy
Sinead O'Connor
Enya
Andrea Corr
Bernie Nolan
Dolores O'Riordan

Well fair enough she gets into my top 10, but mainly because those are the only female singers I've ever enjoyed songs by, who I know for sure are Irish. Her position at no.7 is more testament to my ignorance about Irish music, than about the artistic quality of those on the list.
I even would say about music in general xd

Imelda May
Roisin Murphy
Sinead O'Connor
Enya
Andrea Corr
Bernie Nolan
Dolores O'Riordan

Have you ever heard any bananarama?

Imelda May
Roisin Murphy
Sinead O'Connor
Enya
Andrea Corr
Bernie Nolan
Dolores O'Riordan

I'd definitely rank her higher than Andrea Corr and I'd put Roisin Murphy ahead of Imelda May.

But glad you like some Irish singers

And Benneath The Skin in Paris 99 is one of the greatest concerts of last 30 years, incredible concert with more than 80.000 people

mojo pixy

"Dolores was considered by Billboard as the greatest female alternative musician of all Time"

You're telling the wrong person, I don't care at all what Billboard magazine thinks. I mean, 'greatest female alternative musician of all time' is a reeeeeeeeeealllllly long shortlist and I reckon very few of my choices would concord with Billboard magazine's. But I hope you're enjoying your thread. I am.

You're telling the wrong person, I don't care at all what Billboard magazine thinks. I mean, 'greatest female alternative musician of all time' is a reeeeeeeeeealllllly long shortlist and I reckon very few of my choices would concord with Billboard magazine's. But I hope you're enjoying your thread. I am.
Yes. I really enjoy showing the truth about the greatness of Dolores and The Cranberries 😃

I shouldn't be bothering with this, but here's my humble opinions.

Dolores had a very good singing voice. I don't think she was a technically brilliant singer, although there's nothing wrong with that.

Her lyrics (if it was her who wrote the lyrics, not sure) are atrocious. She gives the impression of being obsessed with Morrissey, and therefore trying to be the sort of lyricist she just can't. It wants to be poetry, but it's often barely even English.

I used to read the NME etc in those days, and Dolores came across as pretty right wing and a strong anti-feminist. She was young, so possibly she was just a gobshite, but either way there's not much to admire.

My mum knew her professionally, by the way. Which is irrelevant to anything. I'm just showing off. Also, my mum was not a drug dealer, before anyone asks.

Back
Top Bottom