Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

The Cranberries and Dodgy on a Tuesday night! Fucking hell. As if weekdays aren’t hard enough.
I'm sorry to tell you that if you're trying to compare The Cranberries to that other band that I didn't know existed until I acquired this poster, you're wrong.

Why don't the Cranberries ever have enough furniture?
Because they are humble people. Dolores family even were really poor. Their house had just 2 bedrooms for 7 siblings, both parents and one grandmother.

A lot of people in Ireland were so humble in 60s and 70s. In Spain too.

Main reason she went solo.

R-1917921-1252353646.jpeg.jpg

Especially considering that Dolores suffered for many years from deep back pain due to the way she played the guitar and her small body, a pain that caused permanent insomnia for much of her life.
Why would parents give their child a name that means pain and sorrow? Bit cruel, no?

That's why I love Dolores so much, her tiny body was not designed to a guitarist. And nevertheless she played very well the guitar, the solo of Zombie is played by Dolores.

A magazine wrote one time something like this "Dolores has her heart bigger than a guitar".

And it is true.

Main reason she went solo.

R-1917921-1252353646.jpeg.jpg

Here Dolores explain because she left The Cranberries, and she speaks about her solo career. I think it was when she released her first solo album, that is really good. No Baggage is too much experimental, I don't like:

In sicily there are loads of people with proper weird Catholic self-punishment names. Feudal hangovers innit. I've heard of women called Addolorata (pained, similar to dolores) , Crocefissa (crucifix), pellegrina (pilgrim) and so on. Weirdos

In sicily there are loads of people with proper weird Catholic self-punishment names. Feudal hangovers innit. I've heard of women called Addolorata (pained, similar to dolores) , Crocefissa (crucifix), pellegrina (pilgrim) and so on. Weirdos
My great aunt was called Addolorata (known as Dora). In fact, all her siblings had mega-Catholic names. (Not from Sicily but from the South of Italy.)

What is evident is that everything in Dolores was unique. Her name, her life, her voice, her way of composing, her way of dancing...

I'm not objective, I admit it, but this woman was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom