Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

I've also stumbled across another couple of Cranberries threads. They were clearly a lot bigger than I realised. But their music seems to have always been quite polarizing

Both were geniouses, I am convinced Rory is one of the best guitarist of all time. And not just in Rock genre, also as a acoustic guitarist and Blues. Probably Rory is better guitarist than Dolores vocalist, but I enjoy more when I listen to The Cranberries than when I listen to Rory, it is just personal Taste ;)

I think we both agree Dolores and Rory are the best Irish rockers.
You said he was probably top 50 and that Dolores was better a minute ago.

I love the Cranberries but I don't actually think they're the "best Irish rockers ".
They're remarkable.
And for 1991/ 1993 they were pretty unique.
I can appreciate them and enjoy them
But Thin Lizzy were better
And I have to say given a choice I would enjoy listening to Horselips more.
Dont get me wrong...I love Dreams and other songs. And my main points on the other thread were that Dolos voice was unique and different. And that she didnt deserve trashing.
Respect your opinion. To me, she is and Thin Lizzy is not better than The Cranberries.

Music is subjective and really enjoy to speak about that if we both are respectful :)

Who are the Spanish version of the Cranberries anyway?

I get a bit of a proto-Cranberries feeling from this also..... was Jeanette an influence??

Who are the Spanish version of the Cranberries anyway?

I get a bit of a proto-Cranberries feeling from this also..... was Jeanette an influence??

There is no band in Spain similar to The Cranberries or an artist similar to Dolores. And I would dare to say that it does not exist in the UK either, no matter how hard they try to compare The Cranberries with The Sundays.

The only influence Dolores quoted in her childhood was Patsy Cline. Dolores family was so poor, they lived in a house of 2 rooms for the 7 siblings, parents and one grandmother. This house not even had water supply or electricity.

She never had got an album before 17 years old.

Back
Top Bottom