Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

Nobody in Spain has ever told me off-the-bat they like the Cranberries.

Queen, AC/DC, Metallica, Stones, Beatles, Coldplay, Depeche Mode, Red Hot Chilli Peppers are the bands people have frequently mentioned umprompted; some of whom are as bad as the Cranberries.

Queen, AC/DC, Metallica, Stones, Beatles, Coldplay, Depeche Mode, Red Hot Chilli Peppers are the bands people have frequently mentioned umprompted; some of whom are as bad as the Cranberries.

Lot of Irish in Spain.

First of all, Coldplay is not a Rock Band.

And all of these bands you mentioned are bigger than The Cranberries, it is normal.

By the other hand, this is Spain. A concert broadcast live by a satellite channel and promoted by the 40. In 1999 ;)

You want me to listen to something that you recommend multiple times after disrespecting the band of my life, very coherent is not

I'm not disrespecting the Cranberries. They're a very proffesional outfit with an emotive delivery. I get why some people love them. They're fine. But the thing is you're the one with a top 50, I'm just wondering what you have and haven't considered. Also listen to Aguaviva - it's something genuinely rich and powerful. It doesn't matter what I think about anything else.

Sorry, you're in my DMs for some reason telling me to 'do one asshole', yet you want me to engage here? Make your mind up.
Ah - does Sugar Kane speak Spanish / live in Spain? That's that then.

'I'm here 8 years'.

You just used present simple when you needed present perfect simple.

Oh my god!

Sugar Kane is an 8 year-old Crannadict sock puppet, who has been building up to this thread since 2013. It all makes sense.

Years of Mallorcan plotting to turn Urban into a Cranberries fan-site. And now... the moment of truth.

Well ok.. I will say it here ...you can do one.
You're being a tit

Pff.
I'm not upset

I think you're being a wanker.

Maybe you need to log off.
Or pass a log .. or something.

I'm not disrespecting the Cranberries. They're a very proffesional outfit with an emotive delivery. I get why some people love them. They're fine. But the thing is you're the one with a top 50, I'm just wondering what you have and haven't considered. Also listen to Aguaviva - it's something genuinely rich and powerful. It doesn't matter what I think about anything else.
All the Tops are subjective, and possibly in many people on the forum they are not even in the Top200, this consideration was only a way to extol the legacy of The Cranberries. Because for me they have been a transcendental band in the 90s that was able to successfully penetrate the grunge scene with their dreampop style.

Something that Cocteau Twins, Slowdive, The Sundays or MBV never did. Then, on the second album, they left that indie and dreampop style to focus on the purest alternative rock, with more influence from REM, and much less from The Smiths. However, both sides of The Cranberries seem equally valuable to me.

I really love their sound and style, and they were a band that was always faithful in their way of making music.

Favelado
I'd give you a pass if you were being amusing but you're not

And the snide comments about you never meeting anyone in Spain who liked the Cranberries..
Could that be because you are in a place which is predominantly Ex Pats?

All the Tops are subjective, and possibly in many people on the forum they are not even in the Top200, this consideration was only a way to extol the legacy of The Cranberries. Because for me they have been a transcendental band in the 90s that was able to successfully penetrate the grunge scene with their dreampop style.

Something that Cocteau Twins, Slowdive, The Sundays or MBV never did. Then, on the second album, they left that indie and dreampop style to focus on the purest alternative rock, with more influence from REM, and much less from The Smiths. However, both sides of The Cranberries seem equally valuable to me.

I really love their sound and style, and they were a band that was always faithful in their way of making music.

I feel you're doing a lot of talking and not much listening to Aguaviva.

Favelado

And the snide comments about you never meeting anyone in Spain who liked the Cranberries..

Furthermore, he/she is comparing one of the most mainstream bands as Metallica or AC/DC with an alternative 90s band, it's hilarious

Hahaha

Favelado

oh, come on, the idea you are an eight year sleeper sock puppet for turning this into a Cranberries fan forum. That was pretty funny.

Furthermore, he/she is comparing one of the most mainstream bands as Metallica or AC/DC with an alternative 90s band, it's hilarious

Hahaha

Um.....you'll find that Favelado is allowed to do that.

I'd stick to the music though...
I
oh, come on, the idea you are an eight year sleeper sock puppet for turning this into a Cranberries fan forum. That was pretty funny.

I didnt start this thread ffs.
And no...the pile on isnt funny

Not at the moment.

Hahaha

you are joking. Cranberries weren’t alternative if you mean obscure. They were everywhere.

Favelado

Well, you're clearly upset so I'll answer you soberly and then leave the thread.

I didn't say I've never met anybody in Spain who like the Cranberries. I've said nobody mentioned off-the-bat that they like them. That is to say that there are some bands that people mention without prompting on a regular basis; as in they are so massively popular they crop up everywhere. I listed the ones that applies to.

I do not live in a place which is predominantly expats at all. In fact, I reject the term expat as I find it unpleasant, and moved here from Barcelona as I found even that too guiri. I would not live on the Costa del Sol or suchlike in a billion years.

Well, you're clearly upset so I'll answer you soberly and then leave the thread.

I didn't say I've never met anybody in Spain who like the Cranberries. I've said nobody mentioned off-the-bat that they like them. That is to say that there are some bands that people mention without prompting on a regular basis; as in they are so massively popular they crop up everywhere. I listed the ones that applies to.

I do not live in a place which is predominantly expats at all. In fact, I reject the term expat as I find it unpleasant, and moved here from Barcelona as I found even that too guiri. I would not live on the Costa del Sol or suchlike in a billion years.

Ok
Well apologies for "ex pat " phrase.

Um.....you'll find that Favelado is allowed to do that.

I'd stick to the music though...
I

I didnt start this thread ffs.
And no...the pile on isnt funny

Not at the moment.

oh I think the idea you are the same person as this guy is stupid. I just thought the other bit was funny. Sorry to hear you’re having a hard time though. I am only posting in fun. As I think most people are.

Back
Top Bottom