Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

Lists and ratings are fun, but really it's a matter of finding something you love in something regardless of its flaws. If you're interested in halls of fame and popularity and greatest this or that you or the top fifty of the other you are missing the point. This is not even a point about subjectivity, you can talk about what you like in something quite objectively. Ultimately it's always your relationship to the music that counts (and maybe it's wider social or collective relation). And with all this talk about the Cranberries being one of the greatest (or not as the case may be) I'm not hearing anything to make me want to go back and listen to them again after all these years.

No está hecha la miel para la boca del asno

I'm sorry she's dead but I didn't kill her, and she was shit live.
The greatest frontwoman in Live Performance

A band for people who felt that Phoebe from friends

Oh god, she can't sing can she? I thought that her voice was precise but objectionable, but she's terrible.
She really is a terrible singer. I'm sorry if this upsets anyone but she makes Bob Dylan look good.

Ok, so I've now sat through Ode to my family and Animal Instinct, which I selected at random on YouTube. Trite lyrics, polite tunes and production. Terribly mannered vocals. Uninspired and boring. Cant say the drummer's doing much for the best drummer of the 90s, either.

However that shouldn't make anyone who likes them think less of them.

Ok, so I've now sat through Ode to my family and Animal Instinct, which I selected at random on YouTube. Trite lyrics, polite tunes and production. Terribly mannered vocals. Uninspired and boring. Cant say the drummer's doing much for the best drummer of the 90s, either.

However that shouldn't make anyone who likes them think less of them.

Perhaps the most fair thing to establish an opinion would be to listen to a complete album, don't you think?

No. I'm Irish. And in Ireland.
As you should know. I'm here 8 years...

'I'm here 8 years'.

You just used present simple when you needed present perfect simple.

Oh my god!

Sugar Kane is an 8 year-old Crannadict sock puppet, who has been building up to this thread since 2013. It all makes sense.

Years of Mallorcan plotting to turn Urban into a Cranberries fan-site. And now... the moment of truth.

Back
Top Bottom