Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

'I'm here 8 years'.

You just used present simple when you needed present perfect simple.

Oh my god!

Sugar Kane is an 8 year-old Crannadict sock puppet, who has been building up to this thread since 2013. It all makes sense.

Years of Mallorcan plotting to turn Urban into a Cranberries fan-site. And now... the moment of truth.
Are you Ok, dude?

'I'm here 8 years'.

You just used present simple when you needed present perfect simple.

Oh my god!

Sugar Kane is an 8 year-old Crannadict sock puppet, who has been building up to this thread since 2013. It all makes sense.

Years of Mallorcan plotting to turn Urban into a Cranberries fan-site. And now... the moment of truth.
Now you're being silly

i honestly never knew they had such committed fans. I always just assumed people bought their records because that's what was being done, and that was that.

i honestly never knew they had such committed fans. I always just assumed people bought their records because that's what was being done, and that was that.
How could a band with the best frontperson in Rock History not have committed fans?

And I am just 30 years old, if I had lived the 90s as a teen my love for them would be even bigger

I think it's perfectly possible to explore something like the music of Aguaviva while not having to reconsider what you think of the Cranberries or their importance to you or their broader significance. Don't you think?

New New York - utterly rubbish lyrics, a "tune" I forgot while it was still playing. Awful

So cold in Ireland - again, sub-6th form lyrics, plodding music, and I'm finding it very difficult to get beyond the ridiculous mannered vocal style, it's not a nice sound.

Liar - Nice enough guitar sound, again lyrics free of imagination and interest, vocals so mannered I can't believe the singer cares one way or another that someone's lying to her, there's no passion or emotion or heartbreak in there.

I found it quite difficult to listen to even three songs, it's just bad, I didn't even hate it, at least if it had provoked a strong response I might have been interested enough to try and figure out why, but it was just dull. Genuinely can't remember the tune of any of the three now I've stopped listening, so all I'm left with is a weird vocal sound and lyrics that rhyme fight/night, pray/day, die/cry etc

I did try though.

New New York - utterly rubbish lyrics, a "tune" I forgot while it was still playing. Awful

So cold in Ireland - again, sub-6th form lyrics, plodding music, and I'm finding it very difficult to get beyond the ridiculous mannered vocal style, it's not a nice sound.

Liar - Nice enough guitar sound, again lyrics free of imagination and interest, vocals so mannered I can't believe the singer cares one way or another that someone's lying to her, there's no passion or emotion or heartbreak in there.

I found it quite difficult to listen to even three songs, it's just bad, I didn't even hate it, at least if it had provoked a strong response I might have been interested enough to try and figure out why, but it was just dull. Genuinely can't remember the tune of any of the three now I've stopped listening, so all I'm left with is a weird vocal sound and lyrics that rhyme fight/night, pray/day, die/cry etc

I did try though.

My opinion is the same after trying to listen more than 50 times DSOTM hahaha

OK and it's very likely that nobody is talking about Aguaviva or the associated composer José Nieto. But have you considered it?

Nobody on urban75 has ever discussed Aguaviva or José Nieto. I feel this might be the worst attempt at a diversion ever. Or at least in the top 50.

Back
Top Bottom