Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

I haven't been rude to you, only your band. As we've discussed. It's not the same thing. You are free to slate my beloved New Order. I can handle it.
I do not care about other people's tastes, I am not a person who suffers when others enjoy bands that they hate

Didn't Rory Gallagher write a fairly noncey song? Seem to recall that colouring his legacy.

Didn't Rory Gallagher write a fairly noncey song? Seem to recall that colouring his legacy.
All artists have done bad and silly things, The Cranberries have Copycat which is a bad song and I Just Shot John Lennon which the song is good but the lyrics are very bad.

It is impossible to write and produce more than 100 songs and none of them is bad

All artists have done bad and silly things, The Cranberries have Copycat which is a bad song and I Just Shot John Lennon which the song is good but the lyrics are very bad.

It is impossible to write and produce more than 100 songs and none of them is bad
Easy to avoid noncery if you're not, though.

Lists and ratings are fun, but really it's a matter of finding something you love in something regardless of its flaws. If you're interested in halls of fame and popularity and greatest this or that you or the top fifty of the other you are missing the point. This is not even a point about subjectivity, you can talk about what you like in something quite objectively. Ultimately it's always your relationship to the music that counts (and maybe it's wider social or collective relation). And with all this talk about the Cranberries being one of the greatest (or not as the case may be) I'm not hearing anything to make me want to go back and listen to them again after all these years.

A terrible band-name as well. We've just got used to it over the years.

If you change the berry it gives you a sense of how bad it is when not so accustomed.

The Gooseberries. The Raspberries. The Loganberries. The Elderberries.

A terrible band-name as well. We've just got used to it over the years.

If you change the berry it gives you a sense of how bad it is when not so accustomed.

The Gooseberries. The Raspberries. The Loganberries. The Elderberries.
the album and song titles are on the weak side too.

Back
Top Bottom