Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

You are free to slate my beloved New Order.
I was watching a New Order clip on youtube the other day (this one of the Top Of The Pops performance of Blue Monday) and the comments are full of New Order fans delighted at how chaotic and hapless the performance is.

Real New Order fans know that the more chaotic a gig, and the more equipment goes wrong, the better it is.

Criticism of New Order doesn't land 'cause all the things anyone could criticise them for - Barney's singing, the rhyming dictionary doggrell lyrics, the instruments that go out of time with each other, etc etc - are all things we love about 'em.

I was watching a New Order clip on youtube the other day (this one of the Top Of The Pops performance of Blue Monday) and the comments are full of New Order fans delighted at how chaotic and hapless the performance is.

Real New Order fans know that the more chaotic a gig, and the more equipment goes wrong, the better it is.

Criticism of New Order doesn't land 'cause all the things anyone could criticise them for - Barney's singing, the rhyming dictionary doggrell lyrics, the instruments that go out of time with each other, etc etc - are all things we love about 'em.
I watched 24 hour party people again the other night as it was on channel 4. It got me listening to New Order again. Some great songs but far more dross than I remembered. Had Blue Monday on repeat for the best part of an hour though.

The TOTP performance led Blue Monday to drop in the charts the following week - which was totally unheard of at the time. TOTP would guarantee a massive boost to your sales.

The TOTP performance led Blue Monday to drop in the charts the following week - which was totally unheard of at the time. TOTP would guarantee a massive boost to your sales.
Wasn't it released three times before it became a hit?

Wasn't it released three times before it became a hit?
I don't think so, but I think it spent a long time on the charts and fell in and out of the top 40. It may have had three separate peaks over a period of months, first getting into the top 40, then the top 20, then the top 10.

Can you talk about anything else or are you unable to discuss anything apart from the fucking Cranberries who most people here don't give a shit about?

Why reply to them? ...
Considering they stopped posting on this thread two hours before this post...?
It's only going to keep the thread going.

Can’t say I’ve noticed them on there but does 6 Music play much Cranberries? Surely that’s the mark of a successful 90s indie band? ;)

If one day you come to Spain we can exchange our homes

How very generous....

You'd have to share with my entire family though. And we dont really have a spare room. But we do put people up in the garden workshop which in fairness is insulated and very cosy with a stove and all.

Back
Top Bottom