Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The BEES are back in town - Premier League 21/22

Playing Ethan and have made him captain for tonight's cup game with us, that's a classy touch! We've started brilliantly but will probably rotate a little ourselves and are pretty shaky at the back so can't see much more than an enjoyable evening out and a win for you even if you mostly have the bench warmers getting a run out.

Once we got the goal we've grown into it and are worth the lead from what our commentary makes of it, and they're not too one-eyed. Shame about the injuries to our Diallo with a ball off his teammate to the temple and sounds like a Brentford lad did a ligament.

Once we got the goal we've grown into it and are worth the lead from what our commentary makes of it, and they're not too one-eyed. Shame about the injuries to our Diallo with a ball off his teammate to the temple and sounds like a Brentford lad did a ligament.
Youse are definitely the better side.
Gutted for Sorensen.

Apart from Pinnock we have no leaders on the field, hopefully Ajer will calm things down and we nick this back from you.

Absolute shambles getting into the ground tonight + shambles on the pitch.

We are Brentford.

Youse are definitely the better side.
Gutted for Sorensen.

Apart from Pinnock we have no leaders on the field, hopefully Ajer will calm things down and we nick this back from you.

Absolute shambles getting into the ground tonight + shambles on the pitch.

We are Brentford.
We're pretty shaky at the back against L2 opposition so can't see you not scoring. If we nick another goal early might hang on.

Overrun second half not a surprise, shame about Ebou's red. Our lot reckon we might appeal to avoid the ban as they think he got the ball but it was a silly tackle really in a game we were going to lose at that point. Considering we'd made several changes ourselves can be pleased with the account we gave of ourselves and even a decent away following.
ETA Seen a gif of that tackle and looks like both feet off the ground so doubt there's grounds for appeal.

Last edited:
Great first half from you, some great football. I'll be watching out for your results this season and hope you get promotion.

Was only going to go one way once the 'big guns' came on for us.

Great first half from you, some great football. I'll be watching out for your results this season and hope you get promotion.

Was only going to go one way once the 'big guns' came on for us.
We've got a young coach in his first pro men's job and he's got them playing with real confidence, if a bit gung ho which is surprising as he was a defender in his day. There's several big strong teams in the league so we'll do well to get automatics but ought to be in with a shout at the play offs again. Might be even better if it all clicks, that's what Duff achieved at Cheltenham last year as a similar sort of new young manager.
Was already wishing Bees well from afar because of Ethan and your general set up as a club, so there'll be no change there.

We've got a young coach in his first pro men's job and he's got them playing with real confidence, if a bit gung ho which is surprising as he was a defender in his day. There's several big strong teams in the league so we'll do well to get automatics but ought to be in with a shout at the play offs again. Might be even better if it all clicks, that's what Duff achieved at Cheltenham last year as a similar sort of new young manager.
Was already wishing Bees well from afar because of Ethan and your general set up as a club, so there'll be no change there.
:thumbs:

We were in League 2 I think 12 years ago and League 1 only 8 years ago, and now look at us. Fuckin nuts, but shows it can be done.

Next up is Villa away on Saturday, will be our toughest game of the campaign so far no doubt, but we know Villa well and have good recent form against them. They've made some great signings but are still adjusting to Grealish leaving + Watkins is still a doubt. Would love if we could nick it but it could also be a massive crash back down to earth.

Wolves away for us today, we need something from it because it’s Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea and Leicester the next 4 and it’ll be tough to get anything from those 4 games.

Never been a fan of Brentford for the usual stupid irrational reasons anyone hates any team (apart from Man Utd - any reason there counts as totally rational). But I'm warming to them in the Prem, currently 2-0 up against Wolves doing things simply and correctly. Good luck to them.

We can't match that stat, but your season, so far, is reminding me of Reading's first season in the prem.
We finished 8th. Keep it up.
Something we’ve lacked before is the shithousery/dark arts (time wasting) but we’re learning quick.

One thing I noticed straightaway (my seat was behind the goal) was how good premiership defenders were at cheating. Ferdinand in particular. Guess that's what made him a first class defender.
I was missing the intensity/regulatory of the Championship but fuck me the effort involved in the PL, for us it’s good there’s time to recover, especially with our style of play, as n00bs.

We have Oldham on Tuesday in the cup, we’ll probably start with 2 or 3 of our regulars.

Liverpool at home next Saturday, which even that typing is nuts. Thankfully I’m off to Aba Shanti afterwards which I’ll need to come down.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed straightaway (my seat was behind the goal) was how good premiership defenders were at cheating. Ferdinand in particular. Guess that's what made him a first class defender.
Typical of the cynicism that pervades in top flight football (I was going to say top class football ). So much money involved, so much at stake, it's just win at all costs.

So, first proper elite team we’ve faced.

Honest head can’t see us get anything but a potential spanking.

Dreamer head can’t see us get anything but a potential spanking.

Never been as excited for a game of football as I am this. The ground design is superb and the views of the pitch wherever you sit is spectacular.

Come on you Bees.

Back
Top Bottom