Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The BEES are back in town - Premier League 21/22

Im not sure if they are all Fullers pubs, but they seem to have a habit of staying open despite pints being over £6 each. Maybe thats why.
I lived out that way from 89 to 2000 (give or take a few extended trips/stays in Ireland) and they always were busy pubs, the match day footfall was a bonus as hash tag says. If they've survived lockdown and now with the crowd returning to the area there will now be increased footfall, no way like before but I for one, and like many others who support the Bees, are still partial to a stop off at the old watering holes either pre/post match.

Don't forget, we have been on lock down for the past year, so football or no football, all pubs have been closed for most of the last year.
The Griffin is a Fullers pub, which is still going. The Brook, a freehouse, still going. I am not sure and have doubts about the New Inn.
I am now on nights but will enquire of my Brentford colleagues.

I used to love the New Inn, it used to be the headquarters :D of the West London Celtic Supporters Club, I'm not sure if it still is.

Random aside: I spent a fair bit of Jan 1st 2000 in there drinking Whiskey having done a shift for the Y2K meltdown.

Exciting times for sure.
There were about 10000 in attendance on Saturday and sounded lovely, there's great acoustics in the ground.

Should be absolutely rocking on Friday night with a full house.

Drawn you in the league cup! Expect Ethan will get the night off, would have been nice to see him again. I reckon you should play the ball boys, league's the thing for you this season.

Think its a mixture of Brentford stopping Arsenal from playing and Arsenal having little inherent ability to actually play. Brentford have defended well and their front line pressing has pretty much seen off Arsenal trying to play from the back. Deserved 1-0 Brentford lead.

what was that about Pinnock and Dulwich Hamlet?

The Lambeth-born player was released by Millwall at the age of 15 and dropped into the non-league game at Hamlet. He made just shy of 200 appearances for the Champion Hill club before being snapped up by Forest Green Rovers in the summer of 2016.

Pinnock was signed by Brentford in a £3million deal in July 2019 and Dulwich boss Rose backed him to reach the top flight.

The Bees lost to Fulham in the 2020 Championship play-off final but Pinnock signed a new five-year contract to commit his future to the west Londoners.

And Pinnock won promotion on his birthday.

Back
Top Bottom