Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The BEES are back in town - Premier League 21/22

Brentford full of energy and unity, although I must say some of their passing is woeful, just too much for a very mediocre Arsenal. Must be the first time a team that has started top of the league on day one finds itself bottom after 90 mins.

I like seeing teams like Villa, Burnley and West Brom in the premiership because I remember them being in top division from my youf. Brentford never been in my lifetime :eek:

Reactions: tim
Brentford full of energy and unity, although I must say some of their passing is woeful, just too much for a very mediocre Arsenal. Must be the first time a team that has started top of the league on day one finds itself bottom after 90 mins.
Arsenal are always top of the league on day one & have had a shite opening game more than once. :D

I'm sure they have and I would expect nothing less from them, but have they been bottom of the league after their first game?
Yeah I think when Norwich Beat Arsenal 4-2 after Arsenal being 2-0 up at half time they were bottom. Around 89 but might have been 90.

my dad would have been impressed

he wasn't anything like an active brentford fan, but it was his local team (he grew up in twickenham then ealing) and would have been 12 when they fell out of the first division...

old boy crying!! love it

(a fair few tears out there in fact)
Great wasn’t it.

Best atmosphere at a football game I’ve ever experienced. TV done it justice but is no substitute to live and the pure emotion. The clap for Robert Rowan on the 28th minute, standing ovation for Saka, Hey Jude for the lap at the end.

As I said last night, absolute scenes and what a result. It’s going to be a longggggg season and we’ll take some drubbings no doubt but who cares, gonna enjoy the ride.

I know it may have come across a bit OTT to some with the lap of honour at the end, like we’d won the Universe Cup or something, but all things considered it was the perfect thing to do.

I think most teams will be doing similar with their first showing in front of the fans for a while. Brentford's was extra special because of the long absence from top flight, the stadium move, Robert Rowan, beating Arsenal (convincingly) live on TV. You dont need no trophy, the people there will never forget that night.

Back
Top Bottom