Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The BEES are back in town - Premier League 21/22

No nerves mate, just excitement. We’re expected to lose, it’s against the current champions of Europe who were until a few hours ago top of the Prem too.

If we get something from this then wow.

+ yea, maybe a few to loosen the throat.

Congrats on your fantastic start Numbers

You look a very tidy side.

Out of interest, how many new players did you bring in during the summer? How many from last years team are making the starting line up?

Fulham's problems and inability to stay up were due to too many new players. We more or less replaced the entire first team when we go up. This time though we've kept 5 premier league quality players so should have a better chance next season 'if' we go up.

But Brentford have been a breath of fresh air and a team I've admired for a few years now.

Shame about Griffin Park and that odd place you reside in now.

Last edited:
Of our starting 11 for most games 9 have been with us for some time, Toney just last year, others for years. Biggest signings for this season were Ajer, Onyeka and Wissa - can’t remember exactly but no more than 30 million for all 3 - that’s a lot of layout for us but all 3 are great. When you think Janelt cost us 500k and is now on the verge of a call up for Germany.

We’re loving our time in the Prem.

How much were tickets for Chelsea at home? For someone going as a one off. Not a season ticket.

I think it was about £55 to £60 for a cheap seat in the Hammersmith End for that fixture.

How much were tickets for Chelsea at home? For someone going as a one off. Not a season ticket.

I think it was about £55 to £60 for a cheap seat in the Hammersmith End for that fixture.
£40 for Cat A home games. Every seat is brilliant too.

Can you new stadium be developed / made bigger?
Yea but no but. We could knock down the West (our main) stand and rebuild with a 2nd tier or the North stand with a 2nd tier, it would mean being without either for a season or so and would add maybe 5000 between them. The stadium is built in a pretty crazy location. Nor so we have the fan base/regular attendees to justify either at the moment.

Before the Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea and soon to come Leicester games it was quite worrying if we could handle things, we can.. unlucky against Chelsea not to get a point so if we can get something against Leicester it will be good.

After Leicester we have the 3 bottom teams to play - this now worries me more, lol.

Yea but no but. We could knock down the West (our main) stand and rebuild with a 2nd tier or the North stand with a 2nd tier, it would mean being without either for a season or so and would add maybe 5000 between them. The stadium is built in a pretty crazy location. Nor so we have the fan base/regular attendees to justify either at the moment.
I know exactly where it is and know the area very well. My first job was in a trading estate just off the Windmill Road (just over the A4). Was there for 8 years. The site of the new stadium used to be car knackers yards but also a handy short cut to the A4 if you were coming from Kew bridge.

I lived out that way for years myself, had a flat which was above the sweet shop right by Kew Bridge station, had a lovely view over the bridge/water, also lived in Hanwell and West Ealing + worked at SB/GSK for 11 years.

I lived out that way for years myself, had a flat which was above the sweet shop right by Kew Bridge station, had a lovely view over the bridge/water, also lived in Hanwell and West Ealing + worked at SB/GSK for 11 years.

Stand on The Green is one of my fav parts of London. I lived a little further down the river very close to Chiswck train station for 6 months.

Lived in Hounslow West between 12 to 23 and then in various places in Isleworth. Brentford were my closest pro club but went to watch Fulham Vs Tranmere Rovers with my FFC supporting mate when i was 14 in the early 90s and fell in love with Craven Cottage.

Used to despise you lot when i was young but that was par for the course back then. You grow out of such nonsense.

It's all very quiet over here...... :(
Lol, I haven't caught up with the game yet, my wife and I were out on the lash.

Seems like another game we should have got something from, but ho hum. Welcome to the Prem', if you can't score there'll be plenty more of these type of results.

On a positive, to get 4 points from Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea and Leicester is not bad. It's the next 3 games tho' which are the most important of the season so far.

There was plenty of chanting, such as the classic "Come on, Brentford. Come on, Brentford. Come on, Brentford."

It was our first match at the new stadium so I couldn't really say tbh.

Lol, I haven't caught up with the game yet, my wife and I were out on the lash.

Seems like another game we should have got something from, but ho hum. Welcome to the Prem', if you can't score there'll be plenty more of these type of results.

On a positive, to get 4 points from Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea and Leicester is not bad. It's the next 3 games tho' which are the most important of the season so far.
Judging by the result, they clearly missed you.

Back
Top Bottom