Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 'abolition of Parliament bill': New Labour's madness - the law-is-an-assylum

nino_savatte said:
He'd rather sit in Thailand and tell us all what cunts we are for living here. :mad:

Especially you. The person who has a beef about more posters than anyone on urban's politics boards. Look here you go again, getting a rise out of posters who'd rather debate the issues.

There i am, weak, responding to your personal attacks once again. I take back that apology i sent in good faith. Now do yourself a favour and add me to your ignore list. And fuck right off you cunt. You said it, you described yourself, so i'm just agreeing with you. You pollute this forum with your incessant judging of other posters. There's only so much i will take from your bile.

fela fan said:
Here we go again, your value judgments being projected on others. Telling them how to behave, what language to use.
I'm not telling anybody to do anything, I'm just stating my opinion, which is apparently not unique to me.

fela fan said:
Especially you. The person who has a beef about more posters than anyone on urban's politics boards. Look here you go again, getting a rise out of posters who'd rather debate the issues.

There i am, weak, responding to your personal attacks once again. I take back that apology i sent in good faith. Now do yourself a favour and add me to your ignore list. And fuck right off you cunt. You said it, you described yourself, so i'm just agreeing with you. You pollute this forum with your incessant judging of other posters. There's only so much i will take from your bile.

It is not a personal attack, fela but a challenge to your assertion that no one in this country cares about rendition flights. You responded by telling me that because you live in Thailand, you have a better perspective on this country. I also challenged that assertion. I'm sorry if you view this as an assault on your delicate ego but there it is.

You can dismiss this as "bile" if you like but when someone comes along and makes broad brush assertions based up on their own antipathies, then I have the right to challenge them. If you don't want to be challenged, then I suggest that you find another outlet for your assertions.

In Bloom said:
I'm not telling anybody to do anything, I'm just stating my opinion, which is apparently not unique to me.

Dunno where you get that from. Me, I live in Antartica, yet I can understand the British people perfectly..

nino_savatte said:
It is not a personal attack, fela but a challenge to your assertion that no one in this country cares about rendition flights. You responded by telling me that because you live in Thailand, you have a better perspective on this country. I also challenged that assertion. I'm sorry if you view this as an assault on your delicate ego but there it is.

You can dismiss this as "bile" if you like but when someone comes along and makes broad brush assertions based up on their own antipathies, then I have the right to challenge them. If you don't want to be challenged, then I suggest that you find another outlet for your assertions.

Let me try one more time. This thread's ending a natural death anyway it seems.

I have no problem with being challenged, great. But when i reply to you, and more than once, by explaining better what i'm on about, you still ignore my explanations. You still put words into my mouth, ideas, that i'm not expressing, even though i'm telling you different.

I'm not talking about all british people. I'm talking about a large majority. I've never asserted ALL british people. There's been confusion over my use of language, you challenged it, i replied. Not once, but a few times, over time.

Nor did i say i had a better perspective, just an added one by living outside of the community i'm talking about.

Quit telling me points i'm not making. And once again perhaps i ought to say sorry (for my previous post), but only with the proviso that you don't half manage to wind me up. Anyone who tells me i'm saying something i'm not saying can do that.

fela fan said:
Let me try one more time. This thread's ending a natural death anyway it seems.

I have no problem with being challenged, great. But when i reply to you, and more than once, by explaining better what i'm on about, you still ignore my explanations. You still put words into my mouth, ideas, that i'm not expressing, even though i'm telling you different.

I'm not talking about all british people. I'm talking about a large majority. I've never asserted ALL british people. There's been confusion over my use of language, you challenged it, i replied. Not once, but a few times, over time.

Nor did i say i had a better perspective, just an added one by living outside of the community i'm talking about.

Quit telling me points i'm not making. And once again perhaps i ought to say sorry (for my previous post), but only with the proviso that you don't half manage to wind me up. Anyone who tells me i'm saying something i'm not saying can do that.

Isn't funny how this argument is being replicated on another thread. It seems that I am not the only who has gotten pissed off with your broad brushed insinuations.

Here in this post you have backpeddled over everything you said in previous posts. Here is a good example:
Nor did i say i had a better perspective,

You did, do you recognise this?

Now this is where me living abroad from my own country comes in. I get a new perspective. I see and hear about my country being talked about in the general terms in which i talk about it.

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=4221523&postcount=23

Okay, it says "new" perspective but it leaves the reader in little doubt what you mean here.

You say that I "ignore your explanations"...no, I challenge your explanations - there is a very big difference, my friend.

nino_savatte said:
You did, do you recognise this?

Okay, it says "new" perspective but it leaves the reader in little doubt what you mean here.

You say that I "ignore your explanations"...no, I challenge your explanations - there is a very big difference, my friend.

You utter twat nino. You've even highlighted your own bullshit. It says 'new' for a very good reason and that is coz i meant 'new'. If i meant 'better' i'd've written 'better'.

And don't you round up other readers into your own phantasy land where
'new' means 'better'. If you think that then fine, but don't presume your own stupidity onto others by saying it leaves 'the reader in little doubt'. It leaves nino in little doubt, although if that's the case then you need a crash course in the english language.

Or more pertinently perhaps, you need to get outside of your tightly controlled subjective view of things.

You don't challenge what i say, you completely rewrite it in your own head to make it fit your own preconceived ideas. Just like politicians in fact. Now quit while you're only down a wee bit. If you carry on you will just look stupider and stupider.

fela fan said:
You utter twat nino. You've even highlighted your own bullshit. It says 'new' for a very good reason and that is coz i meant 'new'. If i meant 'better' i'd've written 'better'.

And don't you round up other readers into your own phantasy land where
'new' means 'better'. If you think that then fine, but don't presume your own stupidity onto others by saying it leaves 'the reader in little doubt'. It leaves nino in little doubt, although if that's the case then you need a crash course in the english language.

Or more pertinently perhaps, you need to get outside of your tightly controlled subjective view of things.

You don't challenge what i say, you completely rewrite it in your own head to make it fit your own preconceived ideas. Just like politicians in fact. Now quit while you're only down a wee bit. If you carry on you will just look stupider and stupider.

Lke I said on he other thread, I only attack people when they attack me. I'm sorry if you cannot accept that, fela but one gets the feeling that you love the sound of your own rhetoric.

I challenged you and you decided that, in your arrogance, I had no right to do this. Are you unassailable? I get the feeling that you don't like to be challenged, proved wrong or contradicted. You need to grow up.

Mathew Cuffe said:
My grandad talks with authority. When he talks, I listen. He'd make a good PM although he does err towards UKIP.

Your grandad's got sense and style :D. What's wrong with erring towards UKIP?? Its not the perfect party (does one exist?) but it is honest about who rules us, an issue that should be at the heart of politics.

UKIP definitely do have something to say. For me I'd rather ban nuclear weapons than worry too much about the right to sell bananas in pounds and ounces. Although I think they have a point on that one - if a trader wants to sell that way, and a granny wants to buy that way, it seems odd to criminalise the exchange.

I do like the idea of us ruling ourselves, but more from a worker's soviet point of view than the perspective of UKIP.

Still, they are honest and they don't do doublespeak.

Azrael23 said:
So this is how U75 helps us all unite against the common threat.

Children. :p

yep.

so anyway, beyond writing to our mps, anyone got anything useful to suggest?

MatthewCuffe said:
I do like the idea of us ruling ourselves, but more from a worker's soviet point of view than the perspective of UKIP.

So you are in favour of smoking nice cigars and murdering millions of people in cold blood...? Not to mention starving millions more in the name of "progress"...

bluestreak said:
yep.

so anyway, beyond writing to our mps, anyone got anything useful to suggest?

Yeah. Stop trying to change the world (or in this case, britain) and instead change yourself (don't mean you personally there bluestreak).

Multiply that by x number of million britons, and you will have a new kind of leader, accountable to the new kind of briton.

But, how to get those millions to change themselves? That to me is the key to the solution, finding an answer to this question. Perhaps if any posters agree with me here, we can explore possible answers further.

Hmm - I do agree, and I must say being a christian makes a big difference to my attitude towards fellow humans, but that's really not something you can impose on people. I mean you can't force people to care about other people.

fela fan said:
Yeah. Stop trying to change the world (or in this case, britain) and instead change yourself (don't mean you personally there bluestreak).

Multiply that by x number of million britons, and you will have a new kind of leader, accountable to the new kind of briton.

But, how to get those millions to change themselves? That to me is the key to the solution, finding an answer to this question. Perhaps if any posters agree with me here, we can explore possible answers further.

cheers fela, but in the meantime should we just abandon the fight and let blair and his chums remove all opposition to their insane plans?

Surely changing the attitudes of the population is how you change things in a democracy.

TAE said:
Surely changing the attitudes of the population is how you change things in a democracy.

yes it is, but it takes time. something like this requires a little more immediacy, non?

Yes, of course.

I am shocked how little publicity this bill is getting. As I said earlier in the thread - writing to every news-outlet you can think of would be a good next step and someone should organise a national demo.

Back
Top Bottom