Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 7/7 Report

Prole said:
Acts of terrorism in the name of Islam is what I was asked. Now acts of terrorism on a massive scale in the name of profits I have witnessed.

That doesn't answer my question, or even make sense as a sentence.

Prole said:
I don't think it has been proved yet that the one (ONE) image from Luton hasn't been photoshopped. It is still possibly fake. On the other hand if the sequence of images from 7th July were released (as they have been for the 28/6) we'd have a better idea.
I think I did ask why you thought we hadn't seen these and if you were content to accept one image miles from London as judge and jury? I can't remember you answering that.

I haven't seen any evidence disputing my hedgehog theory. And my hedgehog is cuter than your conspira-pastie patisserie-photoshopping theory.

So I think I win... :D

Prole said:
Acts of terrorism in the name of Islam is what I was asked. Now acts of terrorism on a massive scale in the name of profits I have witnessed.

Evidence, pur-leeze...!

Yossarian said:
The same thing applies to every other image taken since Photoshop came into existence.
Any as important to the official report into 7th July as this one (ONE) image?

Prole said:
Any as important to the official report into 7th July as this one (ONE) image?
So what Photoshop experts have you approached for their opinion on this one (ONE) image?

And why did you downgrade your opinion about the one (ONE) image emphatically being 'Photoshopped' to 'possibly'?

What evidence made you change your opinion about this one (ONE) (1) (uno) image?

nino_savatte said:
It's the best I could do at such short notice but needless to say, we are not sliding towards fascism...authoritarianism maybe but fascism, no.
Thanks for finding this quote for me saved me looking this up:
2. Fascism is an extreme measure taken by the middle classes to forestall lower-working class revolution; it thrives on the weakness of the middle classes. It accomplishes this by embracing the middle-class' love of the status-quo, its complacency and its fears of: TOP
It's complacency and love of the status-quo. Yep that's exactly what I find here amongst some U75 posters.

Prole said:

It's complacency and love of the status-quo. Yep that's exactly what I find here amongst some U75 posters.

People think you're an idiot = complaceny = fascism?

Now I see where got your white carrier bag = government conspiracy leap of logic from...

Prole said:

I think you might be incorrect there. I much prefer cute ickle hedgehogs...!

editor said:
So what Photoshop experts have you approached for their opinion on this one (ONE) image?

And why did you downgrade your opinion about the one (ONE) image emphatically being 'Photoshopped' to 'possibly'?

What evidence made you change your opinion about this one (ONE) (1) (uno) image?
Why don't you answer my question about why we haven't been shown a sequence from Luton & KX similar to the one we are shown of 28/6. That'd make a change, you answering questions or perhaps you could change your tag from editor to Grand Inquisitor.

Prole said:
I have attempted to trace the drivers of each of these 3 trains, the Aldgate train-driver remains a mystery. I totally agree with you, an investigative journalist should take up these issues, and if you were to please add it here: <spam deleted: editor> . We'd be pleased to hear from you.
No - I am not talking aboht the tube trains.

I am talking about the Luton to London trains.

Don't worry - you won't be "hearing from me": If I did decided to investigate the Luton-London train time "issue" I would go and do my own research completely independently from anyone else. I would not want it contaminated with a load of half-baked shite or being associated with utter fruitloops.

Yossarian said:
People think you're an idiot = complaceny = fascism?

Now I see where got your white carrier bag = government conspiracy leap of logic from...
People accept major flaws and lack of evidence + complacency = slide towards fascism. Now that's a possibility.
What was it that Goebbels said about telling lies?
The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State. – Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Nazi minister of propaganda

jæd said:
I think you might be incorrect there. I much prefer cute ickle hedgehogs...!

You wouldn't want to come across Spiny Norman. :D

dinsdale.gif

Prole said:
People accept major flaws and lack of evidence + complacency = slide towards fascism. Now that's a possibility.
What was it that Goebbels said about telling lies?

Back to the Nazis again? Maybe you should expand your frame of reference a little if you want to be taken seriously.

Jazzz said:
TeeJay, you've just explained how easy it is for a massive lie to be planted by some very few people, and then propagated by the entire apparatus of state unknowingly.
No, I have just explained how an initial mistake can be repeated mindlessly by lots of other sources who are all using the initial information.
Next time someone says 'such a cover-up would take thousands of people' I shall refer them to your post here. :)
People repeating a flawed bit of information is in no way the same as a "cover up".

A "cover up" would indeed involve a vast number of people, because it is not enough to simply put out some flawed info - you actually have to cover up all the contrary evidence and witnesses, and keep silent the large number of people involved in carrying out the plot.

It requires no active measures TeeJay. Once a lie is taken as the official line, witnesses with contrary evidence simply get ignored and awkward evidence gets shelved. It just happens. The people doing it don't have to be aware of any grand cover-up. They just fit into the lie.

Sounds like the way most of the conspiracy websites out there operate - anything that smashes people's pet theories into dust is clearly just part of the Big Lie that everyone but the brave truth-seekers are swallowing.

Prole said:
...Surely not, it was in the wake of the new phenomenon of home-grown suicide-bombers methinks...
It is well documented that the policy was put in place *before* 7/7.

Why not do even the most basic amount of research into it?

Or do you just enjoy making things up?

Prole said:
I don't think it has been proved yet that the one (ONE) image from Luton hasn't been photoshopped. It is still possibly fake. On the other hand if the sequence of images from 7th July were released (as they have been for the 28/6) we'd have a better idea.

But why would it have been faked? Because they were never at Luton on 7th July? But then how did they get to London? Do we accept that they set off the bombs in London that day?
Khan was seen by a survivor, Hussein was CCTV'd in Boots, plus credit card/DNA evidence...

Yes I agree we would have a clearer idea if more images from July 7th were released, but the failure to do so may not imply something sinister. Maybe they are being withheld for a possible trial of a 5th person, maybe the police didn't manage to locate any other images, who knows?

Jazzz said:
It requires no active measures TeeJay. Once a lie is taken as the official line, witnesses with contrary evidence simply get ignored and awkward evidence gets shelved. It just happens. The people doing it don't have to be aware of any grand cover-up. They just fit into the lie.
The point is that "media management" is just the information end of things.

A cover-up actually involves getting rid of hard evidence or avoiding leaving any evidence and witnesses in the first place.

It is one thing to put out wrong information. It is something else entirely to committ mass murder and implement complex plots involving hundreds of people and keep it all secret.

20 pages of this thread last night, 17 today ... I must be mad!!! :eek:

And apparantly there's another 30 plus page thread on this, somewhere else on Urban, too! :eek: x 10,000

I've read this one carefully. In any logic/believability/credibility contest between Prole and Badger Kitten, BK wins hands down.

Prole said:

Not quite right :rolleyes: . Scepticism towards made up, speculative, fact devoid patent lunacy seems closer to the mark.

What Bernie (especially), KJ and laptop said about how conspiracists get in the way of focussing on the REAL evils of Governments made the most sense to me.

And if Badger Kitten is only half way accurate in describing how some of Prole's fellow nutcases have been harassing and abusing her and other survivors of 7/7, then FFS!!!!

Prole's denials that she had anything to do with this utterly disgraceful-sounding behaviour (which in any case she just wriggled away from rather than in any way condemned) ring very hollow -- back to what I said about credibility above ...

I had a look at one or two of those loonsites BK referenced. Think Prole cubed and then cubed again (and Prole herself has been going much further on 'home territory' than she has dared to here), and you have a fair idea of the nest of barking nutcases Prole hangs out with on the net. No wonder relatively sane people like Jazzz prefer to try and conspiracise threads here, rather than hang out exclusively with fucked up loons like that. Also, some of those people seem to have been pretty abusive towards BK -- pouring scorn on her accounts of 7/7, referring to her as 'Rachill' ;) etc. ...

MI5 -- you know where to send the usual fee .... :p

Prole said:

Your reply was only to be expected: twist the text around to suit your perception of an imagined injustice.:rolleyes:

Prole said:
And to counterbalance Goebbels, a bit of Orwell:

And with that last thought I bid goodbye.

Christ, you have to drag a dead Nazi (and mention "Orwell" in a sort of word-of-power fashion) into this too...as if things weren't bad enough for you.:D

Jazzz said:
Once a lie is taken as the official line, witnesses with contrary evidence simply get ignored and awkward evidence gets shelved. It just happens. The people doing it don't have to be aware of any grand cover-up. They just fit into the lie.

Yossarian said:
Sounds like the way most of the conspiracy websites out there operate - anything that smashes people's pet theories into dust is clearly just part of the Big Lie that everyone but the brave truth-seekers are swallowing.

My fellow State Operative no 67 .... erm I mean "Yossarian" :oops: ;) is correct.

Jazzz, you have no real grounds to criticise peoples' alleged gullibiilty towards state spread lies and deceptions, when so many of the main websites puporting to 'challenge' them indulge in such selective speculation, ignorals of inconvenient contrary evidence, refusal to follow proper principles of facts and evidence, etc. And what of those who reference Rense, Jones and other loonsites such as those dedicated to including any and every possible possibility about '9/11' and 7/7 even to the point of making things up, so long as those 'possibilities' shore up the idea of a conspiracy??

They are equally gullible and equally reluctant to apply proper scepticism -- towards their own theories and sources and loonsites.

And before any conspiracist starts whining about me calling their sites 'loonsites' etc., consider how barkingly insane so much of the content of such sites ACTUALLY IS, and more importantly, how insane it will appear to any but the conspiratorially initiated.

Two possible reasons for this :

1. Sceptics about such sites are all gullible stupid dupes of state propoganada who swallow anything official fed to them

2. The contents of those sites are largely bonkers and plainly contrary to common sense.

Naturally, my subscription to reason 2. is active proof that I believe everthing the State feeds me, and that I'm actively colluding in covering up the 'truth'

Seems to me conspiracists like their 'truths' being questioned and dislike any scepticism being applied, even less than the Government does.

Prole said:
Yes to the shitty agendas, although I believe that there are forces behind governments.

I also believe that acts of 'terrorism' are carried out by groups pursuing a political agenda ie IRA ETA etc. I do not know what acts would be carried out in the name of 'Islam' or if in fact any ever have been.
Well, I thought from the thread you might have gathered what I was talking about. But from your response it is clear to me that you are not willing to consider the possibility that four guys who were not part of a grand state conspiracy went to London and set off some bombs. Have you considered opening your mind to this possibility? And why is the demand for evidence so much more rigourous for the "four guys" theory than for the state conspiracy theory?

It actually reminds me of "debating" with creationists, a common tactic used by them is to spend the entire debate picking out wrinkles in evolutionary theory, completely ignoring the positive evidence for evolutionary theory, and offering no evidence whatsoever for creationism.

Back
Top Bottom