Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Russian Coup.

Don't think this particularly undermines that take; a weak king can still order a murder. Could even say it shows fear and an inability to leave him alive under control. Not that I have a clue either way, but as I say, not necessarily a strong look for the autumn season.
The strongest response would have been for the Russian state to have quickly taken control of the situation arrested him and put him on trial. Well apart from preventing it from happening at all.

Pretty much anything else is week.

The strongest response would have been for the Russian state to have quickly taken control of the situation arrested him and put him on trial. Well apart from preventing it from happening at all.

Pretty much anything else is week.
It should be clear by now that the regime in Russia plays the long game. Or in this case the not all that long game, or so it seems.

why bother with the whole pretence of him being peacefully exiled next door? That’s the weird bit .
Pretence has often played a major role in so-called Putinism.

'Moscow can feel like an oligarchy in the morning and a democracy in the afternoon, a monarchy for dinner and a totalitarian state by bedtime.'

why bother with the whole pretence of him being peacefully exiled next door? That’s the weird bit .

Wagner have been the most effective part of the military and were very loyal to Prigozhin. Putin had to disarm them and break them up. Wagner is pretty much unable to do anything about this now.

who would you like to confirm it?
Nobody in particular. But in between flitting between here and the news sites, I've seen nothing that definitively states he was on the plane. Which doesn't mean he wasn't.

Unless you think he faked it to go into hiding, if he was alive you think he would have said so by now.
All I mean is has it been confirmed for definite that he was on the plane. I simply don't know, as I haven' seen anything yet.

Wagner always paid for things in cash, with the leadership team now charred and crispy the accounting for things won’t be simple. Quite likely that their mercenaries won’t get paid what’s owed to them, unless the state chips in to buy them off, which might be sensible.

Prigozhin was respected as a military leader even outside of Wagner, often appearing near the front and appearing a strong advocate for his men (whilst still sending thousands to die). His death will not go down well with some in the military.

Wagner always paid for things in cash, with the leadership team now charred and crispy the accounting for things won’t be simple. Quite likely that their mercenaries won’t get paid what’s owed to them, unless the state chips in to buy them off, which might be sensible.

Prigozhin was respected as a military leader even outside of Wagner, often appearing near the front and appearing a strong advocate for his men (whilst still sending thousands to die). His death will not go down well with some in the military.
If it was a hit on Prigozhin, I suspect those responsible might have thought about all this.

Unless you think he faked it to go into hiding, if he was alive you'd think he would have said so by now.
This would be a very elaborate way to fake death unless the state played a part, it’s not like he would be able to take command of an air defence battery to organise this.

It still might not be Putin behind this, there are separate factions in the military with grudges. We may never know.

In other news it was sneaked out a few minutes before Prigozhin’s unfortunate meeting with anti-aircraft fire that General Surovikin has been sacked.

Not clear if this means a P45 or taken to the local woods wearing the condemned man’s hessian headwear. No one has seen him alive since he was taken into custody.

Back
Top Bottom