Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Russian Coup.

the media in the uk during the half day coup and after were basically framing him and wagner as some kind of rebels deserving of support....those pictures of him smiling and shaking hands were the dominant ones (repeated again in that tweet)

View attachment 388535View attachment 388536

for anyone who didnt know better i saw no mention in the reporting of who these people really were and what they really get up to.....
As pointed out on the day, many posters who had previously expressed outrage at the murdering rapists of Wagner could hardly contain their joy at what was happening, reflecting the online war enthusiast community as a whole. A minority on here, meanwhile, pointed out that it didn't appear to be a serious coup, and couldn't possibly succeed. We will likely never know the truth about these events, but nobody seemed to consider how a few thousand mercenaries were going to take over the whole of Russia when no prominent political or military figures had publicly expressed support even tentatively, and seemingly no groundwork had been laid.

Can't understand why so many people assume that Prigozhin particularly cared whether he lived or died. Not everybody does, and that may be more the case among those who have seen life as it is in the world he moved in.
What a weird post.
Maybe you’re right and he was completely nonchalant about it either way, so that in his last moments, plummeting to the earth, he was thinking oh well, never mind eh I wasn’t that into living anyhoo. What’s your point?

What a weird post.
Maybe you’re right and he was completely nonchalant about it either way, so that in his last moments, plummeting to the earth, he was thinking oh well, never mind eh I wasn’t that into living anyhoo. What’s your point?
I wasn't talking about his last moments, which may well have differed from his general attitude. In fact they almost certainly would have.

If he is indeed dead.

What a weird post.

I was going to reply to his post but bit pointless. His point is always the same. Aside swipe at urban posters and his he knows better miserable ism.

How will this be received by a sort of average Russian watching events unfold? Find it hard to imagine thinking this makes putin look good, or strong, but maybe it does? I don’t understand the context in which it will get understood there.

How will this be received by a sort of average Russian watching events unfold? Find it hard to imagine thinking this makes putin look good, or strong, but maybe it does? I don’t understand the context in which it will get understood there.
This article, also linked to further up the thread, may provide some clues. Putin’s Age of Chaos

the media in the uk during the half day coup and after were basically framing him and wagner as some kind of rebels deserving of support....those pictures of him smiling and shaking hands were the dominant ones (repeated again in that tweet)

View attachment 388535View attachment 388536

for anyone who didnt know better i saw no mention in the reporting of who these people really were and what they really get up to.....

That's probably reflection of the media that you consume.

Putin is fucked now I think.

Why?

How will this be received by a sort of average Russian watching events unfold?

Average is a moveable concept. If you mean 'on the whole' by 'those who give a shit and aren't too busy trying to feed themselves and afford shit', then IMO, positively. Traitor to Mother Russia etc.

Find it hard to imagine thinking this makes putin look good, or strong, but maybe it does?

It makes him look very strong. To those who support him. Who are not an insignificant number across the globe. As well as in Russia.

Isn’t it meant to make everyone fear Putin rather than admire him?
Looks like that from here of course yeah. But I thought he also still wants to be adored, be pictured in ecstatic crowds kissing peoples babies etc. And power by fear alone isn’t very secure, but idk maybe they’re not so mutually incompatible as it seems from a distance.

Looks like that from here of course yeah. But I thought he also still wants to be adored, be pictured in ecstatic crowds kissing peoples babies etc. And power by fear alone isn’t very secure, but idk maybe they’re not so mutually incompatible as it seems from a distance.
His power doesn't derive from fear alone.

Back
Top Bottom