Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Art Thread

Aladdin Are you going to these places and painting them there? Or making sketches and doing the rest at home?

Not that it matters, of course but I think it might be cool if you could take a few pics while you are there. Not to compare, just to get a feel of the places as they seem really inviting/intriguing and your paintings reflect this :)

Apologies if someone has asked this previously

So there is one public gallery near where I live. They hold all sorts of exhibitions. They regularly have changeovers and a wide variety of styles etc. so I emailed them explaining my corcumstances etc and asked if they might have space for a few paintings at an exhibition...any time.... Long shot..

This was the response.

"In response to your request we don’t have any plans to programme an exhibition which could include your work."

I don't quite understand it but it seems like a resounding "no..and never".

My great grandfather carved the entrance to the gallery .. and my ancestors helped build it.

I feel a bit deflated and barely average.
The art world is full of cunts unfortunately. Like when I submitted a short for a film festival it got rejected outright. And then a film that ended up getting funding had basically plagiarised a load of our shots (including wardrobe!) 😂

One of my favourite reads is Willie Rushton's comic novel W.G. Grace's Last Case...
Illustrated by the author I gave it a go..
The back cover of the book..
Unfortunately my Oscar Wilde resembles Beetlejuice...
Anyway..
tempImage158dI5.jpgtempImagerp3m3D.jpg

Here it is at sunset.
Lack of daylight showing the deeper colours..
This has been THE most challenging painting I have ever painted.
Scraping back..layers and layers of glazes... wiping off with white spirits...
I think there were times when I fought with it.
But today...I finished it and I love it.

View attachment 395614
I would pay you for something like that. Or that. Wanna sell it?! :D

It's fucking ace. You are really talented.

Back
Top Bottom