Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Art Thread

I’ve not heard of 60%, even the West End gallery that has represented my uncle for years ‘only’ takes 50%
I know a gallery in Cornwall that wanted 60% if they showed my photos. Some there are 40% but most I know are 50%.

E2A - This was about 10-15 years ago when I was trying to get some of my landscape photos shown. I don't know if this has changed since Covid. I know it made my photos too expensive, as to keep them at a price that seemed reasonable I'd have had to give them to the gallery at what the prints and framing cost me.

Here's some of the photos (unframed prices): ReedDesign - Photos - Prints for Sale

Last edited:
Packing up my paintings and framing prints today..in readiness for my little exhibition on Friday.
I am so excited!!

I've been allowed in early so as to avoid people. Fingers crossed that aomeone likes the art enough to buy aomething.
Good luck. The opening night is always really stressy, you've spend months in your own head, and now have to show the output of that to people who haven't spent any time in your head. I used to drink the free booze to overcome that anxiety. Which in retrospect wasn't a good way of coping.

Your work is good, and I think it's the sort of work that people buy, so I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom