Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Art Thread

Anyhoo, I find drawing faces problematic. So I've started doing a self portrait daily because it's less embarressing than asking other people to draw their faces. I quite like this, despite the fact that the iPad screen lights the face oddly, and I've not found a way of concentrating without looking like I'm a bit psychoselfportait3.jpg

Anyhoo, I find drawing faces problematic. So I've started doing a self portrait daily because it's less embarressing than asking other people to draw their faces. I quite like this, despite the fact that the iPad screen lights the face oddly, and I've not found a way of concentrating without looking like I'm a bit psychoView attachment 398403
I quite like it as well, I like the way you've done the hair and the fact the eyes are different sizes (like mine in fact)- well, it's a good competent piece all round IMO

thanks, I try and not get attached to any one image, but to the progression in the images as a whole. I'm not sure my eyes are actually different sizes tho, I suspect it might be slipshod marks because my time ran out and I had to run to pick up my kid from school,

Anyhoo, I find drawing faces problematic. So I've started doing a self portrait daily because it's less embarressing than asking other people to draw their faces. I quite like this, despite the fact that the iPad screen lights the face oddly, and I've not found a way of concentrating without looking like I'm a bit psychoView attachment 398403

This was done on an ipad?

This was done on an ipad?
All the images on this thread that I've posted are drawn using Procreate on an iPad with an apple pencil. Both got through Ebay. I also learned that there's some amazing fake pencils out there which it's hard to spot but for the fact it doesn't pair properly, there are very minor differences in character spacing on the box, and if you take the tip off there's a string of Chinese characters where there should be a serial numbers. I like it because it's close to analogue media without having to tidy up afterwards.

All the images on this thread that I've posted are drawn using Procreate on an iPad with an apple pencil. Both got through Ebay. I also learned that there's some amazing fake pencils out there which it's hard to spot but for the fact it doesn't pair properly, there are very minor differences in character spacing on the box, and if you take the tip off there's a string of Chinese characters where there should be a serial numbers. I like it because it's close to analogue media without having to tidy up afterwards.
Never tried something like that.
Got these from a friend recently along with a sketch book.
20231103_231900.jpg
It will probably be easier for me to draw than paint over the winter
Where I paint is really very cold and the oil paints are taking so long to dry that I have run out of space
So I'll draw instead for a while. I'd like to sketch the plants and trees around me and my family.

Here's my first sketch..

20231103_234312.jpg

Nice. I always preferred acrylic paints because they dried quicker, because I didn't have the patience or space to keep lots of drying paintings around in my cliche'd art student bedsit. Although my clothes during that period, err, reflected the chaotic and unstructured painting technique I was failing to master at the time

I'm thinking of drawing using the most janky biro I can find (that still works obv) because I recon that would be so unforgiving and unplesant to use, that it would teach me so much.

Back
Top Bottom