Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Art Thread

Yes...I stuck on some silhouettes the other day on squares of white paper.....then I worked on the windows and moon today..and. I thought the silhouettes looked very tiny and maybe distracting? But now I am not sure what to do.
See below.
View attachment 396914
I like the white figure - maybe one or two more of those..
Not sure about the darker ones...

Why not a Dalmatian....?
Although I get the impression you want to keep to the colours of the rest of the painting....

Why not a Dalmatian....?
Although I get the impression you want to keep to the colours of the rest of the painting....
Well I had a chat with a pal who thinks they want the painting. They like that there is nobody in the windows..as its up to the imagination as to who lives there etc.
I'm not sure they want a dog walker. Will ask.

The more I look at it the happier I am with it as is. Another benefit of oil paint. I am forced to wait.

Yeah - it doesn't really strike me that this needs figures...
I like the painting at 152 of the thread .. the moon etc..
Think the building should remain without anything in windows..

Last edited:
Well I had a chat with a pal who thinks they want the painting. They like that there is nobody in the windows..as its up to the imagination as to who lives there etc.
I'm not sure they want a dog walker. Will ask.

The more I look at it the happier I am with it as is. Another benefit of oil paint. I am forced to wait.
I think it works as is. Bear in mind I’m not a professional artist.

Got a message from someone today to tell me someone in Virginia wanted me to know my landfill art project was going on the road oto a gallery in Florida next January for a couple of months
Chuffed!!

Here is the piece. Its a hubcap ..the idea was to paint on it. I only had 4 tubes of oil paint and decided to paint it and scratch out a design. Ended up with a fish..after The Salmon of Knowledge story.

View attachment 397080

I like the sheen on it and shield-like quality ☺️
The Salmon of Knowledge?

It's really beautiful and jumps out of the screen :cool:
It brought this to my mind...

The strongest oak tree of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.
Napoleon Hill

My sister is a professional artist and makes a fair amount of money from her work (otoh I have all the talent of plank of wood). I may ask her if she has any advise regarding promotion etc. for the budding artists on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom