Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tell me about Neath, if you will

That's bad luck, what did you do to deserve that? For maximum fun add in a day trip to Port Talbot.

I love South Wales. Just not that bit of South Wales.

Working at the college. Is it grim then? The guys at the college have warned me about one pub in particular.

Working at the college. Is it grim then? The guys at the college have warned me about one pub in particular.

I'm sure the college, as colleges tend to be, is by far the best bit of Neath. I'm struggling to find anything good to say. The centre is pretty poor minus the pretty and is always full of daytime drinkers coz there really is fuck all else to do. I go there about once a year (I'm a 45 minute drive away over the mountain) to stock up at a, er, speciality shop run by the son of Neath's biggest crime family, who are all inside for murder and robbery. He tells me great stories in a fairly impenetrable accent.

I think it says a lot about this town when Google maps only tells you about restaurants and pubs that are in Swansea

Several war torn Afghan cities have turned down overtures to twin with Neath as they don't want to be associated with somewhere soo grim.

Make sure you go through Melyn.

Purely for the purposes of making a comment about being under Neath to whoever happens to be in earshot.

Haha are there even any pubs in Townhill?

I'm actually not sure there are. There's a great GPs though, with bars on the windows and a barbed wire topped fence and padlocked gate. I think they might just hand out methadone. So who needs a pub?

(I went there for a yellow fever jab. Weird experience.)

souljacker -- real shame, we're not really free to get out this part of the week.

Enjoy Neath as best you can, but the pubs are a bit of a fail I have to say. The Weatherspoons opposite the railway station is very hit and miss for ale quality, but CAN be reasonable if you're lucky. I can't get What Pub? (.com) to work properly for me at the moment, but the Borough Arms can be OK, but hard to find ... easy walk from centre but obscure. Use the same site for other pubs in the town. Most are dire but a couple are not, I struggling for the namee, as I'm not in Neath very often!

Best Neath curryhouse (we always thought) is probably The Plaza in Alfred Street

souljacker -- real shame, we're not really free to get out this part of the week.

Enjoy Neath as best you can, but the pubs are a bit of a fail I have to say. The Weatherspoons opposite the railway station is very hit and miss for ale quality, but CAN be reasonable if you're lucky. I can't get What Pub? (.com) to work properly for me at the moment, but the Borough Arms can be OK, but hard to find ... easy walk from centre but obscure. Use the same site for other pubs in the town. Most are dire but a couple are not, I struggling for the namee, as I'm not in Neath very often!

Best Neath curryhouse (we always thought) is probably The Plaza in Alfred Street

I ate at the Plaza. It was alright, not bad at all. Their onion baajis where a bit floury. They did have a delicious coconut chutney with their poppadums.

But yeah, basically, if you want to know whats good about Neath, then all you need to know is that there is a station and you can get to Swansea in 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom