Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I’m going dog sitting near Hay on Wye. Tell me stuff.

Rhayader (Rare-der) is just under an hour from you. There's a Red Kite Feeding Centre where you can watch red kites being fed and earn all about the birds being re-introduced. Dwindling towards disappearance in the mid 80s but spectacularly re-introduced and now an official symbol of Powys.

Not a lot otherwise in town but a beautiful drive & countryside.

After there go for lunch in Llanidloes- a real foodie town and probably my favourite in mid-Wales. It's a rural place- I remember parking up there in a street just behind the High Street and being bellowed at by a very vocal donkey, who I had disturbed from a large pile of carrot peelings.

If you're feeling adventurous there's the Centre for Alternative Technology in Machynlleth but may be that's a bit far away. Machynlleth is an interesting place.

Probably (as it was largely written based on memories / lived experience in Y Fenni / Abergavenny) time to re-visit Raymond Williams' The Country and the City.

That photo really reminds me of the in laws old place in Powys. Much as I'm pleased they are just down the road as they're getting older, I wish I had a reason to spend more time in that delightfully empty part of the world.

Back
Top Bottom