Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This is right by my office! roads closed all around the A48 St Mellons - Traffic accident - people have died

I will put £20 now on the fact the chopper found them, not a dog walker or search party, also they where found something like 4/5 or 6am I believe? I had the first notification about 7am, who's out searching for 5 people in the dark there? t

I will put £20 now on the fact the chopper found them, not a dog walker or search party, also they where found something like 4/5 or 6am I believe? I had the first notification about 7am, who's out searching for 5 people in the dark there? t

12:15am according to Gwent filth; they have a timeline up.

• The last confirmed sighting of the five people was at 2am on Saturday 4 March in Pentwyn.
  • The collision occurred during the early hours of Saturday 4 March, the exact time to be confirmed by the investigation, including CCTV and ANPR enquiries.
  • The first missing person report was made to Gwent Police at 7.34pm on Saturday 4 March.
  • Further missing person reports were made to Gwent Police at 7.43pm and 9.32pm on Saturday 4 March.
  • A further missing person report was made to South Wales Police at 5.37pm on Sunday 5 March.
  • At 11.50pm on Sunday 5 March the police helicopter was requested to search an area of Cardiff which resulted in a vehicle being located in a wooded area off the A48.
  • Gwent Police officers, who were in the area conducting enquiries during Sunday evening, discovered a Volkswagen Tiguan vehicle at 12.15am on Monday 6 March.
  • At this stage we believe only one vehicle to be involved.

A friend of the man who died and his father say the chopper searched the area after they spotted the tyre marks,

Matthew Pace, 45, and his son Lewis, 26, told Sky News that they found the car in a wooded area along the A48 in the early hours of Monday morning. Matthew said that police arrived "about a minute" after he and Lewis had pulled up by the side of the road after noticing "tyre marks" near the wooded area.

"I pulled up, I was in the field, in the woods and then she [a police officer] pulled up behind me," he said.

"She was asking why I was there, and I said: 'There's all tyre marks here' and then her colleague came out, looked at the tyre marks and they got the helicopter to search in this bush and that's when it was confirmed it was there."

A friend of the man who died and his father say the chopper searched the area after they spotted the tyre marks,

Matthew Pace, 45, and his son Lewis, 26, told Sky News that they found the car in a wooded area along the A48 in the early hours of Monday morning. Matthew said that police arrived "about a minute" after he and Lewis had pulled up by the side of the road after noticing "tyre marks" near the wooded area.

"I pulled up, I was in the field, in the woods and then she [a police officer] pulled up behind me," he said.

"She was asking why I was there, and I said: 'There's all tyre marks here' and then her colleague came out, looked at the tyre marks and they got the helicopter to search in this bush and that's when it was confirmed it was there."

which conflicts with whats posted above.

The first missing person report was made to Gwent Police at 7.34pm on Saturday 4 March.

So they found them in like 29 hours

which conflicts with whats posted above.
Pedantically, again, it doesn't. The friend saw the tracks, went looking and was then interrupted by the coppers. Who called the helicopter which 'confirmed it was there'. So it does all fit together, the police timeline just misses why the chopper was specifically there.

Tho it does seem a bit weird that they got a chopper to look 'in the bush' rather than letting the copper who was already there do it. But hey ho.

Pedantically, again, it doesn't. The friend saw the tracks, went looking and was then interrupted by the coppers. Who called the helicopter which 'confirmed it was there'. So it does all fit together, the police timeline just misses why the chopper was specifically there.

Tho it does seem a bit weird that they got a chopper to look 'in the bush' rather than letting the copper who was already there do it. But hey ho.

.. delted, it's all just speculation till the report is out.

guess we will be cleaning up balloons for the next few weeks , nice one, I’m sure no wildlife will come to harm either 🙄

At least they didn’t kick off with the filth

guess we will be cleaning up balloons for the next few weeks , nice one, I’m sure no wildlife will come to harm either 🙄

At least they didn’t kick off with the filth
When the truth comes out I think it’s going to be a bit embarrassing I think.

It was three young adults not answering their phones not one. And there was a problem as we got to find out.
If they were all reported separately by their parents why would Plod assume they were connected? They can hardly be expected to know who is friends with whom.
The male survivor is the older of the pair, was he the driver? Considering how fast he must have been going to go plowing off into the woods I would imagine the thought that he had been drinking must be on Plod's mind by now even if it isn't considered respectful of the dead to say it at the moment.

If they were all reported separately by their parents why would Plod assume they were connected? They can hardly be expected to know who is friends with whom.
The male survivor is the older of the pair, was he the driver? Considering how fast he must have been going to go plowing off into the woods I would imagine the thought that he had been drinking must be on Plod's mind by now even if it isn't considered respectful of the dead to say it at the moment.

More than just drink considering one of the male’s reputations.

If they were all reported separately by their parents why would Plod assume they were connected?
Is this what happened? I would assume that if someone couldn’t contact their child the next step would be to contact their friends to see if they knew their whereabouts and a picture of 3 being missing being established. Anyway, that’s how the press were reporting it before plod had even got their boots on.

Nobody was reporting it till they had been found.

There was post on social media over the weekend that’s it

I suppose the prospect of there being more survivors had they been found sooner could prove embarrassing if it turns out to be the case.

I suppose the prospect of there being more survivors had they been found sooner could prove embarrassing if it turns out to be the case.

Crashed about 2am ish they think.
first one reported missing 7:34pm (That's a good 17/18 hours stuck in the car before the police even knew one was missing)

The fact none could reach a mobile phone from possibly 5 phones and call 999 or anyone else.

I think it's fair to say with how far into the tree line and the speed it would take to get you there, it's possibly most died on impact.

Reports that laughing gas and alcohol had been consumed by those in the car and that they were intoxicated.

This information comes from court papers relating to someone who was dropped off prior to the accident, who it seems was driving the vehicle for a period of time uninsured, and without a licence.

It appears that only Lia (who wasn't in the vehicle) has been charged with anything which leads me to surmise that the driver is amongt the dead

It appears that only Lia (who wasn't in the vehicle) has been charged with anything which leads me to surmise that the driver is amongt the dead
Yes, seems to be the case. The report above calls the 2 survivors 'passengers'.

Back
Top Bottom