Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I’m going dog sitting near Hay on Wye. Tell me stuff.

There's also The Courtyard in Hereford which has some good stuff on, but I would echo the warnings about Hereford and say don't go without an itinerary or phoning ahead to the places you want to go. The main museum/art gallery/library is shut so you'll be out on a limb otherwise

With Hereford (as opposed to Builth/Filth) I'm totally with kebabking. I can usually find something good to say about most places. Hereford? Mappa Mundi. If you can get near it.

There are many better places around there than Hereford.

I meant to ask danny la rouge - but how is Wigtown getting on as Scotland's book town?

I've not been there in years, and I loved being able to flit between bookshops with an ever increasing haul while looking at the sea...

Waves....

1694785240746.gif

I like Leominster. It gets a bit of stick for being the inbreeding capital of Herefordshire, but I like the town square and the gardens around the priory.

danny la rouge - dunno what your timescale is like today, but pop up to Ludlow (20 minutes North on the A49) if you've not been already.... the Rose and Crown is nice - fine with dogs. Unicorn probably does the best food....

@danny la rouge - dunno what your timescale is like today, but pop up to Ludlow (20 minutes North on the A49) if you've not been already.... the Rose and Crown is nice - fine with dogs. Unicorn probably does the best food....
Won’t be today: I have to ration my time. But we’re here for another week, so will definitely add that to the itinerary (auto correct suggested “item arsey”, which I like), cheers!

Back
Top Bottom