Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Person complains about Carmarthen sounding like Caernarfon, and arrives at the wrong place

i do hope he never tries to go to newport or newcastle

New_York_-_geograph.org.uk_-_166511.jpg

Apparently, even old New York was once new Amsterdam. Why they changed it I can't say. People just liked it better that way!
DSC09398r.jpg

It's in also worth remembering that Ashford in Surrey is different fron Ashford in Kent, but the same as Ashford in Middlesex

As for Abbey Road

article-2273926-175DFAF5000005DC-455_1024x615_large.jpg

Last edited:
Narrow gauge ffs.

It might be 2ft gauge, however, it connects to Porthmadog (or Minffordd) for the Cambrian Coast route, that is 25 miles.

TiG - WHR Garrett-87
par StoneRoad2013, on Ipernity

That loco is around 10 feet in height and weighs around 60 tons ... no way is that a toy.
The train is corridor connected carriagesso it is possible to walk along it and there is an at-seat buffet service.

Many years ago, before SatNavs, I'd been to Chertsey and had planned my drive home via Cobham, Leatherhead then onto the M25. After what seemed like ages, I still hadn't arrived at Cobham even though I'd been following the signs.

Who knew there was a place called Chobham and I'd been alternately following signs to Chobham and then Cobham and then Chobham again! :facepalm:

It is said that more than once in Bilbao people have told the local police that they can't find their car, parked in a very long street called Calle Kalea:
images
bilbao-calle.jpeg

Need I explain?

I bet this has been on Urban before:
sign.jpg

The Welsh says: "I am not in the office at the moment. Please send any work to be translated"

Some hapless Swansea employee sent the English off for translation and got this automated email reply.

Swyddfa is one of the Welsh words that people know, you'd think

newport-post-office.jpg

Apparently, even old New York was once new Amsterdam. Why they changed it I can't say. People just liked it better that way!
I won money last night because some fule didn't believe me that the Women's Euro's were being played at Bramall Lane and New York in 2021.

DSC09398r.jpg

It's in also worth remembering that Ashford in Surrey is different fron Ashford in Kent, but the same as Ashford in Middlesex

As for Abbey Road

article-2273926-175DFAF5000005DC-455_1024x615_large.jpg

As I used to live in North Shields...

NY.png

Some supporters famously once turned up for a cup game at Forest Green in Surrey instead of our little Cotswold hamlet.

Back
Top Bottom