Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tax return blues - would a bit of solidarity help?

Respect to everyone who does it themselves, just can't face it, my mind goes blank, heart races just thinking about it.

The call waiting time is currently 50+ minutes. Don't even think about phoning until at least 6pm if you have any questions because there's 1000 people in front of you in the queue. Try the online webchat for general queries.

Then spent eons waiting on the phone to tax credits who have totally fucked up my claim and massively overpaid me (not my fault) and still aren't sorting it out.

Come on, you can do it! You just need to log onto the system to start with, can you do that?

Christ...I logged on today and it's all changed AGAIN. It used to be such a simple affair and now it's massively overcomplicated IMO.

Every year it gets harder and harder to do a simple return. FFS .....

Last edited:
Christ...I logged on today and it's all changed AGAIN. It udsed to be such a simple affair and now it's massively overcomplicated IMO.

Every year it gets harder and harder to do a simple return. FFS .....
That's how I feel, every year the format changes, and the language - its a nightmare trying to figure out what goes where.

Why thank you, my long serving calculator that only gets pulled out at this time of the year. You couldn't have designed a better time to start going freaking haywire on me :mad:

2019-01-29_023222.jpg

First time I had to do it was last year. Fucking pain right up the fucking cunty hole, including several phone calls and being given conflicting information which was not always accurate or totally helpful, and sometimes patronising of me not being able to understand their "simple" system. Once finally at the point of actually being able to submit the figures though, it was actually quick and simple.

Was inevitably late though so got fined, but as had paid no income tax since 1992 didn't mind in effect paying a bit. This year though not so eager. Still lunching it out till last minute tho (as is my way with most things..). Only just read this page of this thread, and its making me think maybe should attempt it some time BEFORE 11pm on Thursday..

As my mate said when I told him it took about half an hour (forgot about the grief before that; and maybe it was more like an hour), he said think of it as getting paid £100 for half an hour's work if I avoid the fine. That's quite good motivation.

They keep sending me texts saying "Your tax return is due. Please make sure you do it on time this year."

Cheers, I suppose..

I did wonder last year if they made it so difficult so as to get the £100 fine off everyone..

Did turn into £110.

It stays at that initial ton for three months then starts going up a tenner a day. I managed to not quite get it in by midnight on 30th April :facepalm::oops::rolleyes:

i just phoned my mother :hmm::D

84a8de59993145e9328621c34e5270b4--tv-quotes-black-books.jpg

Back
Top Bottom