Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tartiflette. Nom!

kittyP

Pluviophile
I know there are a few on here that have made this delicious dish before.
I have only eaten it made by the lovely Biddlybee, it was fucking fantastic, but I have never made it myself and wish to on new years day.

Share your recipes and tips etc here and it will be greatly appreciated. :)

Best with lardons - chunky cut bacon. And white wine is good to put in too. Slice up the spuds, put them in a circular oven proof dish, add the lardons and onoins, sprinkle with pepper, pour in some wine, then place a reblechon half (cut horizontally so you have two rebloshon disks) on top. Bake in the oven.

nom nom

Love tartiflette :D

Herbes de Provence or similar an essential ingredient as well in my opinion.

The tartiflette from the tartiflette stall in herne hill market is very good by the way, for those times one is feeling too lazy to make it oneself :)

Thanks to the OP for reminding me to make this when I get back to the UK. It is one of the two French alpine foods I have to have once each winter. The other one I ate just before Christmas - a nice room temperature Vacherin du Mont D'Or.

Love tartiflette :D

Herbes de Provence or similar an essential ingredient as well in my opinion.

The tartiflette from the tartiflette stall in herne hill market is very good by the way, for those times one is feeling too lazy to make it oneself :)
Ooh, yes, had it last week. He was just closing up so have us an extra portion so I had tartiflette overload. It was fabulous.

they do it in our big sainsburies, or you should find it any reasonable sized deli. i've done it with camembert in a pinch but it's really not a patch on reblochon.

Lardens? reblechons? I've never even heard of these. <Googles>

e2a gotchya.

Last edited:
I am not going all the way to Borough Market but thank you.

I am hoping I can find it in Sainsbury's but might check Lidl too, you never know.

Back
Top Bottom