Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst suburban article on wikipedia - the nominations

Best with two types of potato - bubble & hash browns is good, and two types of bread - fried and toasted. Mug of tea.

Since this thread seems to be just about breakfast, this is how it must be:
3 bacon RINDS ON, 3 fried egg (runny yolk, in fact I could take or leave the white, a cup of yolk would be ideal), 2 rusky grimcore sausage, mushrooms, beans (THESE MUST BE SERVED SEPARATELY), fried bread, black pudding. Bone marrow if available. Lots of sweetened builders tea.

Since this thread seems to be just about breakfast, this is how it must be:
3 bacon RINDS ON, 3 fried egg (runny yolk, in fact I could take or leave the white, a cup of yolk would be ideal), 2 rusky grimcore sausage, mushrooms, beans (THESE MUST BE SERVED SEPARATELY), fried bread, black pudding. Bone marrow if available. Lots of sweetened builders tea.
builders tea.
- no such thing. It's just an expression of educated middle class fear.

No, that's you displaying a social prejudice that this is how traditionally w/c people drink tea. How do you 'have' tea?
it's a colloquial term. your analysis of its origins may be correct, but it's still used by many people.
i don't understand your question. yes, i have tea.

I was trying to find the photo of the "full Scottish" someone posted a few years back - with orange slices ...

back bacon x2 grilled til fat crispy (free range, smoked)
sausage x1 fried slowly til gooey (free range, only addition allowed is herbs)
fried egg x1 cooked with a lid on the pan so the white sets and the yolk is runny
big flat mushrooms x2 grilled (butter, salt)
grilled tomatoes x3-4halfs grilled until lightly charred, worcester sauce and black pepper
fried potatoes xsome (cold boiled new potatoes, sliced, fried in butter til crunchy)
sainsbos own brand ketchup

:)

if i had a caff, i would refuse to serve chips or ketchup
my business would fail, but my principles would remain unsullied.

back bacon x2 grilled til fat crispy (free range, smoked)
sausage x1 fried slowly til gooey (free range, only addition allowed is herbs)
fried egg x1 cooked with a lid on the pan so the white sets and the yolk is runny
big flat mushrooms x2 grilled (butter, salt)
grilled tomatoes x3-4halfs grilled until lightly charred, worcester sauce and black pepper
fried potatoes xsome (cold boiled new potatoes, sliced, fried in butter til crunchy)
sainsbos own brand ketchup

:)
You were doing splendidly until the ketchup.

I'm partial to putting a bit of balsamic vinegar on the tomatoes before cooking them.

I have weaned myself off fried eggs, but poached is still good. Bacon is loads better grilled anyway, fortunately. :)

Fried bread is optional, bread and butter is optional. Toast is mandatory.

Compulsory across the board. Slice of bread and butter on the side plate (diagonally cut) to stab at the yolk from above, slice of fried underneath the egg to capture rogue yolk flecks, slice of toast on the rack cooling before buttering and mopping up the empty plate.

Your version is the breakfast of Quislings.

i don't think i ever had bubble and squeak in a full english, until i had moved down south..

a bit like saveloy sausages i guess

Not that I'll bother actually editing wikipedia, my nomination is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_English_breakfast

I mean, wtf?

Stoke_newington_breakfast_1.jpg

A full breakfast, especially in the British Isles and some other English-speaking cultures, is a substantial breakfast meal of several courses including a cooked main course, a starter such as fruit juice, prunes, grapefruit, or cereal, and a beverage such as coffee or tea or, in a pub, an alcoholic drink.

Fucking hell, LOL....a starter? :facepalm: :D Yes, yes! I OFTEN tuck into a few prunes before a fry up (can't hurt :( )! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom