Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Produce Wars 2024, The Suburban Thread

I haven't given anyone a produce war update for a while. After a long spring lull, it seems to be heating up again.

Last week I came home to mass destruction. Someone had come by with a backhoe and torn out about 20 trees. Dug them out by the roots and chopped it up for firewood. I wasn't expecting this attack, but a neighbor and I had discussed improving the view of the back couple of acres by removing those trees. He said he'd dig them out when he had time. I'd forgotten about it entirely. I'm working on some making some signage for him.

Another neighbor had picked up a lawn mower with a carburetor problem. This was payback for several hours of computer/accounting work. He's going to fix it for the cost of parts.

Yet another came by with a load of sweet corn, poblano peppers, and tomatoes. I feel a salsa is likely addition for lunch. I pulled enough apples off my tree that I'll make a pie to return fire.

Bombarding people with gooseberries this week, in exchange for getting my poultry net back once they've had time to buy a replacement and hopefully also being allowed to scrounge enough polytunnel plastic to fix the smaller tunnel in the garden where I picked the gooseberries.

Back
Top Bottom