Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tartiflette. Nom!

I've done my googling and am still not sure. Is this a melt/burgery type solid thing or a stew/potroast?

cos I want to try it.

I am wondering how long it will keep after cooking?
If I do it tomorrow evening (yes yes I know, it's getting later) will it keep til Tuesday?

I keep coming back to this thread to see if Kitty has actually made the tartiflette yet! It was looking promising on page 2 and sheo was joining in, but no pictures or reports so far.:(

Maggot said:
I'm planning on making a veggie one tomorrow too.

I am still going for the original but butter instead of goosefat and mushrooms in place of bacon does still sound lush.

Right, I've got all the ingredients. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the wine - I couldn't find any Savoie wines so just got a bottle of french white.

no matter how much i make it all mysteriously disappears before the next morning. evaporation i guess :hmm:

Was certainly the case here! :D Made what I thought was a huge enough batch to have more the next day but both the kids, EVEN fussy daughter :eek: (melted cheese is acceptable these days, but I had anticipated she may still moan about the flavour :hmm: ) came back an hour or so after we had the first serving and asked for seconds :D and then, when they'd had that and I'd had seconds myself, my son came back and asked if he could have MORE :hmm: :D but it was ALL GONE by then!

Tartiflette is on tonight :cool:
Badgers is just chopping the onions (I hate doing it) and then I am taking over.
I am having to tweak exactly how it is cooked slightly as I have a new huge skillet pan that transfers to the oven so don't want to transfer to a gratin dish as this pan is gorgeous.
I will just add the garlic to the mix near the end of the cooking on the top.

I saw a huge pan of it bubbling away in Columbia Road yesterday - was very tempting but we were skint, so had peanut butter sandwiches instead. Peanut butter sandwiches rock.

20140106_191214.jpg

Just gone in the oven :)

Back
Top Bottom