Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tartiflette. Nom!

I buy a big tub if I am going to make parsley sauce to go with boiled bacon and cabbage.
I think it actually works better than fresh and it's a lot cheaper.

It's not bad, but fresh parsley (including stalks) is much better I think. I'm not snobby about it but have gotten into the habit of buying a bag of fresh parsley every week (for around €1.19) in Tesco and it lasts a few meals, or in the fridge for 10 days. I don't think it freezes well, in which case, dried is just fine.

It's not bad, but fresh parsley (including stalks) is much better I think. I'm not snobby about it but have gotten into the habit of buying a bag of fresh parsley every week (for around €1.19) in Tesco and it lasts a few meals, or in the fridge for 10 days. I don't think it freezes well, in which case, dried is just fine.

Yeah it does not freeze well (unless apparently you chop and freeze in ice cubes which I cannot be arsed to do).
I won't use a whole bag and end up throwing it away.
I have made sauce with both dried and fresh and I find personally, that dried works better for me.

I'm guessing parsley is really important with this dish, as with so much Italian and French cooking. It's so worth buying fresh parsley, a dish like this would seem unfinished without.
I have made this 3 times, and have never used parsley. IMO it doesn't need it.

Reactions: Chz
I do love a bit of tartiflette, but eating ski food off the slopes... Ugh. I could probably run off one portion for days. I have to admit it's a really nice recipe for something invented in the 1980s by a cheese marketing board.

That was delicious. Similar to the previous one, but added some veggie sausage to the mushrooms and onions.

I do love a bit of tartiflette, but eating ski food off the slopes... Ugh. I could probably run off one portion for days. I have to admit it's a really nice recipe for something invented in the 1980s by a cheese marketing board.
Well for those of us who have never been skiing, we work with what we've got :p

Back
Top Bottom