Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tartiflette. Nom!

I think it is going to take a bit longer to cook than the recipe says as it's almost double the ingredients :eek:

20140106_195945.jpg

It is fucking delicious. Very winey :)

Crispy crispy leftovers for tea tonight :cool:

It will be vegetables for dinner for the rest of January.

Were the potatoes properly cooked without parboiling them first?

Yep perfectly.
I used Biddly's tip of using new potatoes (sliced) as they cook well whilst not losing there integrity iyswim?

I also nearly doubled the cooking time as I used almost double the ingredients.
Could maybe have done with a little less as the edges were extra crispy and the pan is still soaking :D

Sainsburys sell this apparently, will have to see if I can find it.

View attachment 46250

As OU said it is dead easy to make. And not very expensive if you don'e buy the very best of cured meats. Even the Rebelchon was only £3 for a half round which is all you really need.
I only got two coz my lovely lovely new pan was so big :oops:
But if you think that's all your gonna get around to, I totally understand that as well.

Turned out well again.

I have discovered that Savoie wines are pretty hard to get hold of here, but other wines are just as good.

Attachments

• IMG_8232.JPG
    IMG_8232.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 45
Breaking news! The tartiflette stall in herne hill market is now selling whole 1lb reblochons for £6, which is cheaper than the supermarkets I think :)

There's nowt wrong with eating Tartifuckingflette (that was in my predictive text!) in the summer. Fuck the seasons!

I'm guessing parsley is really important with this dish, as with so much Italian and French cooking. It's so worth buying fresh parsley, a dish like this would seem unfinished without.

Back
Top Bottom