Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Take down your 'castle', twat told

And Battlestar Galactica is such ridiculous tosh I can't quite believe it's being mentioned in the same thread. Seriously, all the mystic bollocks?
yeah but that was the sideshow in a tuat drama which was basically space navy is all tha is left plus a civilian fleet. Its good. And not in the context of genre either, its just good. The space/naval combat is some of the best TV has seen, theres romance, revolution and intrigue.
Did anyone bother with Caprica
briefly. Sometimes even I won't put up with something just for a spaceship
I confess to being very tempted indeed to do a version of a one night house in my wood...although I am going about it a bit sneakily by starting with a horsebox, added a shipping container this weekend (with the help of my local anti-authority farmer) and the possibilities of treehouses are always thrilling. On the other hand, doing absolutely nothing at all whilst a huge traffic hub less than half a mile away plus a new housing estate being built in the next village does lead me to believe we might be legally able to use our land for dwelling space (since I have never come close to owning a house anywhere else) - nor have my children and I don't see the housing crisis changing any time soon.

Have never seen any of these TV series - seems like a lot of effort being around to catch each weeks episode and having nothing like a DVD recorder, Tivoo(?) box or even a visible slot in my PC, these things pass me by.

you can fit a box sets worth of episodes on a decent memory stick these days, the price of big storage sticks has come right down.

yeah but that was the sideshow in a tuat drama which was basically space navy is all tha is left plus a civilian fleet. Its good. And not in the context of genre either, its just good. The space/naval combat is some of the best TV has seen, theres romance, revolution and intrigue.

you can fit a box sets worth of episodes on a decent memory stick these days, the price of big storage sticks has come right down.
Fuck me hes right
From which particular part of wanker twat toss hell does this stupidity extend?

Ah Dotty - we have been here before and you consistently (but kindly) fail to allow for my utter thickness. I barely know what a memory stick is, much less how to get anything on them. Several hard-drives ago, I recall one of the offspring set my PC so I could do something called torrenting...and once, by sheer fluke, I managed to post a picture (involved mucking about in Paint). I am a hopeless case but, assuming I can drag my hermit self the 1/2 mile to the post office, I still have a book for you.

The acting is never better than average (often worse), and the dialogue is clunky.

The starting concept is really good, but it ends up in some of the worst plot self indulgence ever filmed. Everything after they leave new caprica is dreadful guff.

I have some sympathy with this opinion tbh but when it was good it could be very good indeed
Sure - like lots of telly. But my point was it doesn't belong in the same conversation as The Sopranos or the Wire. Even season five of the wire (the serial killer shit is abiiiiiiiiit shark-jumpy) doesn't qualify as guff. The wire at it's absolute worst is still an amazing thing.

This happens a lot, I see a subject that I have an opinion about, I may even have posted earlier in this thread I dunno, but I cut to the last page or so and its about telly programmes. I blame Dotty, he always shifts it. You should get out more mate (Oh no,last time you got lost at the end of the road didn't you)

Anyway, this fucking cunt building on greenbelt land. Have you seen it? It's in the middle of a huge scrapyard. No wonder it wasn't spotted for years. I'm amazed Surrey council council officers didn't think 'What th'fuck is all that hay doin' in scrapyard?' He keeps being described as a farmer which he ain't. He's a scrap dealer who owns some land. We can't have pikeys gentrifying our green/grey belt. I bet if he'd turned the land into a stock-car racetrack there would be no problems. I think prison is to good for him and I think he would agree.
_86606621_86606620.jpg

This is the charming aspect, but to your left and your right and then behind the warehouseswe see to the top
of the picture are extended stretches of banged up cars.You can't have people building on greenbelt land
without backhanders to the planners.
A Surrey council councillor said off the record "If we don't stand firm on this we could
end up like parts of Kent, or nearly all of Essex"

Last edited:
This happens a lot, I see a subject that I have an opinion about, I may even have posted earlier in this thread I dunno, but I cut to the last page or so and its about telly programmes. I blame Dotty, he always shifts it. You should get out more mate (Oh no,last time you got lost at the end of the road didn't you)

Anyway, this fucking cunt building on greenbelt land. Have you seen it? It's in the middle of a huge scrapyard. No wonder it wasn't spotted for years. I'm amazed Surrey council council officers didn't think 'What th'fuck is all that hay doin' in scrapyard?' He keeps being described as a farmer which he ain't. He's a scrap dealer who owns some land. We can't have pikeys gentrifying our green/grey belt. I bet if he'd turned the land into a stock-car racetrack there would be no problems. I think prison is to good for him and I think he would agree.
_86606621_86606620.jpg

This is the charming aspect, but to your left and your right and then behind the warehouses
we see to the top of the picture are extended stretches of banged up cars.
You can't have people building on greenbelt land without backhanders to the planners.
A Surrey council councillor said off the record "If we don't stand firm on this we could
end up like parts of Kent, or nearly all of Essex"
Bloody hell, that picture is so unreal it looks photoshopped.

In a way it's even more bonkers. Tacky as the house is, it must have cost him a fair amount to build. Who the fuck would make such an effort for something that is going to sit at the very edge of such a soul-destroying dump?

Bloody hell, that picture is so unreal it looks photoshopped.

In a way it's even more bonkers. Tacky as the house is, it must have cost him a fair amount to build. Who the fuck would make such an effort for something that is going to sit at the very edge of such a soul-destroying dump?
Look at it on google or bing maps. It's fucking hideous.

I'll get back to you. I did it by his name electoral roll but that was months ago, it's on streetview (just)

Last edited:
Where is it?
Right then, just had to be socially interactive briefly,which is not my forte (is it still half term?)
Something is happening and I don't know what it is. I'm not pissed am I Mr Jones?
google
BING
Seems you have to quote this postcode for BING MAPS RH1 5QL

Should have the lot there, amazing when you leave it alone the typeface goes back to normal.
BING is best on that because of the NSEW stuff.

Last edited:
Right then, just had to be socially interactive briefly,which is not my forte (is it still half term?)
Something is happening and I don't know what it is. I'm not pissed am I Mr Jones?
google
BING
Seems you have to quote this postcode for BING MAPS RH1 5QL

Should have the lot there, amazing when you leave it alone the typeface goes back to normal.
BING is best on that because of the NSEW stuff.
Good work.

Who the fuck would make such an effort for something that is going to sit at the very edge of such a soul-destroying dump?

Well we know he was playing the long game anyway. So he would have been running the scrapyard as a livelihood while concealing the country pile for as long as he imagined it would take before it became legit, then wound up the yard (or moved it to other premises), landscaped it and sold the lot, at a guess.

I don't know how many ways there are to say this.

Landscape value is irrelevant to the purposes of the green belt. It doesn't matter how pretty or otherwise the land is. The purposes are clearly stated in the NPPF -- I quoted them earlier in this thread -- and they don't include "to keep everything looking pretty". The point is to prevent urban sprawl. Building houses is its antithesis, no matter how pretty the house and ugly the surrounding.

Landscape value is a feature of AONBs and national parks, not green belts.

42 is not really an answer. No one lives to 42. I know some 51year olds who claim they've never been 42.
42a however is the destination of choice for the weed lover. The street name eludes me.

I don't know how many ways there are to say this.

Landscape value is irrelevant to the purposes of the green belt. It doesn't matter how pretty or otherwise the land is. The purposes are clearly stated in the NPPF -- I quoted them earlier in this thread -- and they don't include "to keep everything looking pretty". The point is to prevent urban sprawl. Building houses is its antithesis, no matter how pretty the house and ugly the surrounding.

Landscape value is a feature of AONBs and national parks, not green belts.

^^^This

Well we know he was playing the long game anyway. So he would have been running the scrapyard as a livelihood while concealing the country pile for as long as he imagined it would take before it became legit, then wound up the yard (or moved it to other premises), landscaped it and sold the lot, at a guess.

^^^^^^^^and very much this.

If the house was allowed to stand and he got rid of the barns and shit, that would be worth well north of a million pounds, with the land probably more like two. Not a bad little fiddle, from Mr. Fiddler.

I started this thread nearly six years ago. It is astonishing how long a person can delay proceedings/ how long it can take for a judgement to be implemented. Fuck knows how much money the whole saga has cost the public coffers, or is going to cost the twat.

The gaff looks a bit like grain silos & there are a couple of grain silos in the picture so perhaps if he converted the round bits into grain silos he might get away with not knocking it down. :D

The gaff looks a bit like grain silos & there are a couple of grain silos in the picture so perhaps if he converted the round bits into grain silos he might get away with not knocking it down. :D

I believe the possibility of sticking cows in it has been mooted and a judge has booted already...

Back
Top Bottom