Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Take down your 'castle', twat told

The blokes a massive twat and guilty as fuck.
But his hilarious house IS at the back of a working farm surrounded by all sorts of junk and something that looks like a tank!
The only view its blocking is of an industrial barn.:facepalm:

So it isn't just me who thinks it's hideous? Those fucking great "towers", whose diameter is similar to their height, not to mention the (rather poor) fake mullioned windows...
god no, it's hideous. the proportions are completely wrong, the crenellations are wrong, the finish is also just plain wrong. It should be torn down, it's horrific.

The whole row is because it's in Green Belt. The (planning) law was changed because of this to introduce the concept of deliberate deceit. Plenty of people still get Certifcates of Lawfulness after 4 years but presumably this one will now be removed by the council and the deceiptful owner charged the cost of reinstating to what it was before. There's plenty of other rules being relaxed by this Govt to mess up both the planning system AND the delivery of affordable housing. It used to be said "The purpose of planning is the control of land in the public interest." however that's been changed to
"The purpose of planning is to help achieve sustainable development" which can mean whatever folk want.

Then, because you're desperately waiting to hear my opinion: Breaking Bad started amazingly, and descended into averageness, and then dullness. MadMen started similarly wonderfully before sliding into Dullsville, Upstate NY (but such a beautiful show to the end that I couldn't stop watching).

And Battlestar Galactica is such ridiculous tosh I can't quite believe it's being mentioned in the same thread. Seriously, all the mystic bollocks? Fuck off with taht shite.

Weirdo.

Battlestar Galactica (the reboot) was fucking excellent. Did anyone bother with Caprica though? I have it all downloaded I just haven't been arsed yet.

Battlestar Galactica (the reboot) was fucking excellent. Did anyone bother with Caprica though? I have it all downloaded I just haven't been arsed yet.
I'm sure BSG is fine within the context of tv sci-fi, but it's not a contender against The Wire /The Sopranos as "Best telly evah /Golden age of high-quality tv drama /TV storytelling as art". Mad Men and Breaking Bad showed promise along that line, but ultimately couldn"t sustain. BSG started as an ever so slightly clever bit of high-gloss action (rather like Heroes S1) and then turned into one of the most patently ridiculous, pompous and actually stupid bits of telly ever (rather like Lost).

And Breaking Bad had ups and downs but the last series was above average.
But once all the characters were unlikeable, what was the point? I wanted WW to die or get caught... partly because the cunt deserved it, but mostly because he was taking sooooooo looooooong to get to that point.

It's not about the view. Green belt is not about views. How many fucking times do we have to go through this?
I was just surprised all the photos I'd seen before made it look like the "castle" was set in pristine grounds rather than hidden at the back of a farm.

No worries, understandable.

(Stick with BB though, it keeps getting better. If they'd just ended it with season 4 it would be as good as The Wire :D )
Oh, I'll stick with. I like it, I'm just not sure what all the fuss was about. But that's how it can be when there is a lot of hype. They can never live up to it. I got into the Wire before it was a big thing over here. I wonder if I would feel different about it if I had come to it latter with high expectations from all the hype, the same way Danny has.

I confess to being very tempted indeed to do a version of a one night house in my wood...although I am going about it a bit sneakily by starting with a horsebox, added a shipping container this weekend (with the help of my local anti-authority farmer) and the possibilities of treehouses are always thrilling. On the other hand, doing absolutely nothing at all whilst a huge traffic hub less than half a mile away plus a new housing estate being built in the next village does lead me to believe we might be legally able to use our land for dwelling space (since I have never come close to owning a house anywhere else) - nor have my children and I don't see the housing crisis changing any time soon.

Have never seen any of these TV series - seems like a lot of effort being around to catch each weeks episode and having nothing like a DVD recorder, Tivoo(?) box or even a visible slot in my PC, these things pass me by.

Have never seen any of these TV series - seems like a lot of effort being around to catch each weeks episode and having nothing like a DVD recorder, Tivoo(?) box or even a visible slot in my PC, these things pass me by.
Oh Jesus, never admit that on here! People will assume you're saying it to insult them!

Then they be over sensitive and not fit for the modern world
Or are you saying that the fundy Jebus lovers and Idiotic State types should be bowed to?
No. I think you're getting this the wrong way round. I'm referring to my own experiences on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom