Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Take down your 'castle', twat told

there's literally not a hope in hell of getting him to watch new Battlestar Galactica is there? I bet he rmembers it from the first time round

He's still going strong...

Salfords farmer Robert Fidler tells court 'castle' cannot be demolished because of bats and newts

SALFORDS farmer Robert Fidler has told the High Court he cannot demolish a "castle" on his land - because bats and newts could be living near it.
At a hearing to decide the property's fate this morning, the 67-year-old farmer said an ecology survey had found evidence of the endangered species in or near the property, on Honeycrock Farm.
Since the court case is to determine whether he's in contempt, I can't see how this is relevant - the issue is less about whether or not he can demolish his house than the fact that, having been told to a LONG time ago (prior, one assumes, to this convenient ecological study), he failed to comply.

:D it was remade to great and deserved acclaim and has eclipsed the pony of the former one. 'Battlestar Galactica' used to be the subject of geek mirth, the butt of the joke etc

no longer
I missed the news. So it's not Bonanza in Space anymore?

What next? A remake of Coprock?

Leave it to collapse into a Gothic ruin. Bats love that shit.
I've got to say - and nothing to do with whether it's legal or not - that the house looks fucking awful. I'm not sure quite what it is - it may be all that castellated turret stuff on the scale of a domestic 2-storey house just doesn't work - but it has a peculiar look about it.

It's a counts truck (I am so stealing this!) To have such a massive derail.
It's a complete baron's wagon and no mistake. I found Sons of Anarchy risible I must confess and bailed fairly early. The other much vaunted recent HBO series I did enjoy was Deadwood, but I don't suppose there's anyone who doesn't recognise that as genius.

I keep checking this thread for new developments about the twat & his castle & all I find is this bollox, it's so disappointing. :(
They're in there, somewhere. He's been in court this morning, and arguing that he can't demolish the house because there are bats in the belfry and newts in the pond.

Ooh, breaking news...

Salfords farmer Robert Fidler sentenced at High Court over secret 'castle'

A HIGH Court judge has ruled Salfords farmer Robert Fidler must knock down the home he built in secret by June 6.

Mr Fidler has been given seven months to demolish the four-bedroom detached house that he built without permission on green belt land on Honeycrock Farm, off Axes Lane.

And if the house is still standing after the deadline Mr Fidler will be jailed for three months.

Back
Top Bottom