Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Take down your 'castle', twat told

Grief, I want to put a storage shed in the wood but cos other 'landowners' (please don't judge me) have behaved badly, I have to apply for PP and have been told I am not likely to get it...while afaics, various developers have been running amok all over this 'National Park'. Have no idea how to proceed. Have been told my wood now comes under some weird local legislation. I am talking about a 3m x 3m wooden shed FFS.
I think there's a world of difference between you owning your bit of woodland to a landowner like the Duke of Buccleuch. No judgement here.

Letter with the application pointing out how different this is from the other developments and that you need it to look after the wood properly?
Ah, have done all that. Going to cost almost £300 just to put in an application with no guarantee of success. The law is actually on my side regarding permitted developments but it is going to be spendy and horrible. All came about cos ofone of the nearby landowners being an entitled prick ...even tho we have been there for 12 years with no complaints. It's long and complicated. Dreading all the grief. Would have just gone ahead and done it but no chance nown specially since enforcement officers have already been poking about. Sigh.

Ah, have done all that. Going to cost almost £300 just to put in an application with no guarantee of success. The law is actually on my side regarding permitted developments but it is going to be spendy and horrible. All came about cos ofone of the nearby landowners being an entitled prick ...even tho we have been there for 12 years with no complaints. It's long and complicated. Dreading all the grief. Would have just gone ahead and done it but no chance nown specially since enforcement officers have already been poking about. Sigh.
Incredibly frustrating, it's always those trying to do right within the rules that get penalised.

A woman has been ordered to knock down two homes she built in her back garden without planning permission.

A planning inspector said the buildings in the garden of a property on Silver Street in Reading, Berkshire, were "unsuitable" to be lived in and caused "unacceptable harm" to the appearance of the area.

The owner appealed an earlier planning enforcement notice issued by Reading Borough Council in November 2023, but the appeal was dismissed.

I just don't get how these twats think they can get away with this sort of madness. 🤷‍♂️

If the landowner does not knock the buildings down by March 2025, she risks prosecution and a fine of £20,000, the council said.

Go for it, you twat. :D

Worked for a bloke up the road from us. Moved onto a nice big pleasant field with a pond and put in planning permission. Repeatedly refused so he just kept reapplying until he wore down the council and they passed it. The whole place is now a fucking tip with cars abandoned over it, used to take in mattresses for a fee and just burned them.

Caravans there now with his rellies in and loads of dogs in cages. Council sent a threatening letter telling him to reinstate it to how it all was but he ignored them and they've done fuck all. Which was on the cards because they didn't even give him a date to reinstate it all by.

No one ever builds the Taj Mahal in these situations, do they?
They're always hideous wastes of space.
But enough about the millionaires...

I'm guessing they get turned down by reputable architects.

We'd a neighbourhood space or lot up the road from us. A local character rented it and then filled it with portacabins and cars and various building materials. It appears he ran some dubious business from there. He'd no actual permission to use the land for a business and was there for several years.

He had a lovely habit of driving under the influence. When he crashed into someone's fence, pictures of damaged property were put up in order to shame him. He continued to do his thing, and would throw money at people, calling them "peasants". Nasty piece of work.

Back
Top Bottom