Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Take down your 'castle', twat told

The twat is in total denial.
"I've never broken any laws or done anything wrong. The only thing I've done is look after my family."

He is a twat, no doubt about it. But he's probably pretty well fucked: I imagine this is his only home, and he's got to knock it down.

Not that it should be any other way - he knew what he was doing when he tried to get smart with the planning rules, and he's paying the price for that decision.

Can he appeal or has he run out of road at last?
Well, this was the High Court - presumably because he had refused to abide by the planning judgment. I imagine he could apply for leave to appeal, and then (presumably) there's the Supreme Court. If he can afford it.

Mind you, perhaps he can - after all, he is supposed to have sold the house to someone :hmm:

It's turning into a longer saga than the archers! I suspect he might soon "find" a great crested newt or some other
protected species in his basement or eves that cannot possibly be disturbed.

I'm reading Dr Who and the Daleks by David Whitaker. I first read it as a 10 year old, but I'd completely forgotten. It was only when I started reading that it came back to me like a flood. I'd never known Hartnell as the Doctor, except for in the Three Doctors.

It's a weird sensation.

It's turning into a longer saga than the archers! I suspect he might soon "find" a great crested newt or some other
protected species in his basement or eves that cannot possibly be disturbed.
I hope that there is some provision in that case whereby the house can be put beyond his use, but preserved for the benefit of the bats and newts.

Just like a murderer has never done anything wrong until he murders.

That's the thing with the law. You've never broken it until you break it.
He's probably regarding what he has done as "not breaking any laws", too, though. "Oh, yes, but that's only planning regulations".

Well, right up until it's contempt of court, anway.

Perhaps tha house/castle could be turned into a wildlife sanctuary or a base for Chris Packam and a Springwatch type team?

Is it against the law to build a home for your family - no. Where else can they go?
The other side of the coin, do we really need to send someone like that to prison, which will cost the state more.

Is it against the law to build a home for your family - no. Where else can they go?
Building a house is not inherently against the law, but there are myriads of ways in which you can break the law in the process - off the top of my head, you could fraudulently obtain the goods and services to build it with, build it not in accordance with planning permissions, or in contravention of building regulations, you could commit health and safety breaches in the course of building it, destroy wildlife or flora in contravention of various Acts of Parliament.

The other side of the coin, do we really need to send someone like that to prison, which will cost the state more.
Leaving aside the question of whether costing the state is the most important criterion in deciding what to do, what do we do with someone who has, from the sound of it, quite deliberately set out to flout the planning rules, and appears to be unrepentant - given that the row is still going on 9 years later - about remedying that?

If he's allowed to just keep his eyesore with no penalty, he sets a precedent for simply disregarding planning regulations - which are, at least potentially, there for very good reasons - which could result in people all over the country deciding that they, too, can choose to get away with disregarding the rules. Again, it might be hard to put a price on that, but do we want to live in a country where people can jerrybuild mock tudor "castles" anywhere they feel like it?

:D it was remade to great and deserved acclaim and has eclipsed the pony of the former one. 'Battlestar Galactica' used to be the subject of geek mirth, the butt of the joke etc

no longer
I found it a bit hit and miss after season 1. Worth watching the whole thing just for the first few episodes of season 3 though.

He's probably regarding what he has done as "not breaking any laws", too, though. "Oh, yes, but that's only planning regulations".

Well, right up until it's contempt of court, anway.
He said "breaking any laws or done anything wrong".

Bullshit he genuinely thinks he did nothing wrong. If he didn't think it was wrong, he wouldn't have hidden it for all those years, only revealing it when he thought he'd gotten away with it. He knew damn well he was doing something wrong.

He said "breaking any laws or done anything wrong".

Bullshit he genuinely thinks he did nothing wrong. If he didn't think it was wrong, he wouldn't have hidden it for all those years, only revealing it when he thought he'd gotten away with it. He knew damn well he was doing something wrong.
Looking at the comments on the Guardian story, there's quite a few variations on the "he built his own house on his own land" theme. Some people just don't seem to get it...but I wonder how they'd feel if completely unregulated buildings were going up in their metaphorical back yard?

Looking at the comments on the Guardian story, there's quite a few variations on the "he built his own house on his own land" theme. Some people just don't seem to get it...but I wonder how they'd feel if completely unregulated buildings were going up in their metaphorical back yard?
It's not even just that. He undermined the whole basis of the green belt. It's the hate crime of planning indiscretions.

ironic punishment would be to just confined under house arrest in his own hideous faux castle like some sort of siege warfare.

It's lacking both twats and castles :mad:
Here's the twat

_86595116_de50.jpg

Walter takes over an auto repair and testing station and soon realises there is more money to be made in issuing dodgy test certificates for unroadworthy vehicles than there is in actually fixing them.
Why don't you fuck of you patronising cunt. So I'm dyslexic so fucking what. I've fucking had it with all the cunts on here making fun of my because of my disability. Just fuck of the lot of you.

Since danny has given up on The Wire, I feel i can now add that it took me until ep 10 (where's wallace?) to go from "ok, yeah, passes the time" to "fuck me, this is the best bit of telly I've ever seen". It really does help to think of the episodes as chapters in a book, and each season as a single book in a series of five.

Then, because you're desperately waiting to hear my opinion: Breaking Bad started amazingly, and descended into averageness, and then dullness. MadMen started similarly wonderfully before sliding into Dullsville, Upstate NY (but such a beautiful show to the end that I couldn't stop watching).

And Battlestar Galactica is such ridiculous tosh I can't quite believe it's being mentioned in the same thread. Seriously, all the mystic bollocks? Fuck off with taht shite.

Back
Top Bottom